Glove help???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2016
DD 5'2 HS Freshman CF. Here is the dilemma last year after i bought a new glove for my DD and i notice that the glove looked a little too big for her. She seem at the time having a little problem running in the outfield with it, so i went ahead and bough her a cheap smaller glove that worked great until now. The problem now is the it hurts her hand when catching. My question is should i buy her new glove or give her her old glove that is almost new? The picture is the gloves in question, this two gloves are both 12.5 but the Mizuno is way bigger.

View attachment 9902

Good points about fit. Both my DDs played OF and both were close to your DD's size. The glove itself should not be too big. My youngest actually went to "none in the pinky" with her ring and pinky both in the ring finger hole when she got her glove at age 10 and has never had an issue. Now she does not use the pinky loop in the pinky hole because she does not like the feel. She is still using that glove at 18U and I can't even suggest that she try a different one.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
So what are some of the best glove out there and where i can get them for a good price?

Thanks

"Best" is a matter of opinion and personal preferences. IMO, these are some very good ones...
- Vinci
- All-Star
- Wilson A2000
- Worth Liberty Advanced

With the exception of Vinci (talk to Casedawg), the rest can be purchased through many online retailers. JustBallGloves.com: Baseball & Softball Gloves & More With Free Shipping has a VERY generous return policy. A number of DFP'ers (myself included) have ordered multiple gloves at once, given them all a try, and sent back the ones not preferred by our DDs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13