Ghost Unlimted feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
Just got an email that the bat will be shipping out...next week. This is after an email a week and a half ago stating that the bat would be warrantied.

So approximately a month to get a bat replaced...assuming it shows up relatively quickly via whatever method they ship it. Not exactly "break-neck" speed in my mind. She has played in 12+ games since that time, not to mention practice time.

I went out and bought another one right away, but it would suck if one could not do that and was relying on a warranty to get a bat back.

Longer timeline for us.
June 21 Warranty Request submitted
July 7 Warranty submission granted
July 11 eligibility for warranty accepted, shipping date estimated July 27
July 27 your bat has shipped
July 29 estimated arrival

32 games in the meantime with her LXT, and the Ghost will arrive on the second to last day of Nationals (by which time they'll probably already be out of the tourney).

At least she'll have it for fall.

edit: sorry this is probably the wrong post for the above response. wasn't reading clearly what you all were talking about. Carry on....

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
When bats arent there...you cant give them. LS had this issue at times the past year or two. Mizuno is having this issue. Easton has had this
issue periodically throughout the past year or two. Getting supply here is much tougher nowadays. It sucks to be honest.

The Unlimited was such a small run this first batch. Hopefully this means the next batch is at Easton

Aug 9, 2021
When bats arent there...you cant give them. LS had this issue at times the past year or two. Mizuno is having this issue. Easton has had this
issue periodically throughout the past year or two. Getting supply here is much tougher nowadays. It sucks to be honest.

The Unlimited was such a small run this first batch. Hopefully this means the next batch is at Easton
In previous years was the warranty time quicker?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
To put it simply; yes. Before the supply chain crisis, you could get a bat on warranty return in as little as a week, depending on where you live. They can't send you what they don't have. That's why some companies are issuing vouchers instead of replacements.

As Core said, getting stock now is very difficult for all brands. Anything that comes from overseas has been a nightmare. I had a custom A2000 that I ordered for a customer take 25 weeks to arrive. They ordered it before Thanksgiving and got it in late April.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yes, manufacturers cant do too much if bats arent there. Its a tough thing to navigate thru right now. Usually Easton returns were 10 day
turn around if bat is in stock (thats start to finish). Nowadays, with bats taking a long time to get to manufacturers, sometimes customers get stuck
in between shipments. Im sure you have experienced supply chain issues everywhere else.
You still can get quick turnaround times when bats are here.

Also, the Unlimited was a small batch, so there wasnt as many made the first go around.

Aug 9, 2021
Yes, manufacturers cant do too much if bats arent there. Its a tough thing to navigate thru right now. Usually Easton returns were 10 day
turn around if bat is in stock (thats start to finish). Nowadays, with bats taking a long time to get to manufacturers, sometimes customers get stuck
in between shipments. Im sure you have experienced supply chain issues everywhere else.
You still can get quick turnaround times when bats are here.

Also, the Unlimited was a small batch, so there wasnt as many made the first go around.
Good to know. I appreciate the real world experience. And yes, supply chain issues are pervasive.

For what it's worth: The bat is awesome (thank you for the first one!). Think we have 3 or 4 on the team. The girls love them!

Apr 7, 2014
Is the Unlimited similar to the stiffness of the Xeno? That is my daughter's favorite bat and was thinking this new one piece might be more of something she likes. She has never hit an ADV but was not a fan of the DB Ghost.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Is the Unlimited similar to the stiffness of the Xeno? That is my daughter's favorite bat and was thinking this new one piece might be more of something she likes. She has never hit an ADV but was not a fan of the DB Ghost.
Its a one piece bat...probably little more stiff and you will feel feedback

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13