Ghost differences

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
The Advanced is HOT but depends on what your DD likes. Feel is everything.

Just bought a new Advanced from CoreSoftball20 for DD's birthday and 4 days after receiving, she hit her 1st OTF home run. YMMV but those things are hot out of the box. It is stamped for use in all in all orgs.

DD has a Zeno in the bag for practice and in case it every gets cold in Texas. The Adv is now a game only bat for her.

May 6, 2015
I've always told my girls, you hit the ball like that and make outs, you won't get nothing put praise and high fives from me!! Those balls will eventually find holes & gaps! Tell her to keep doing what she's doing!
both HC and I are, but it weighs on her

May 6, 2015
Just curious as I've been looking into a new bat as well, and know nothing at this point other than composites are great for the most part but eventually crack- what is the difference between dual stamp and advanced?

Is one not allowed in certain situations?
here is my summary (others feel free to correct or add to this)

the dual stamp is actually the 2018 or 2019 (forget which year it was) ghost with ASA and USSSA stamps. for while Easton made two separate versions, one for ASA (deemed hotter I believe, think this one was gray with yellow), and one for USSSA (think this one was gray or blue), becuase USSSA would not approve the original version (which became the ASA only version). then they made a dual stamp version (DD had this, cracked about a month ago). one rumour was this was actually the same as the ASA, USSSA simply finally caved. as you an imagine, having two versions, each only good for one sanction, probably hurt sales (since many girls play both).

Easton still offers a new (2020 I believe) regular Ghost that is dual stamped, as well as the advanced (which is also dual stamped), both are good in any sanction, but the advanced is deemed to be hotter, especially out of the wrapper, but possibly more prone to breakage.

also, I believe I heard, not certain from who, that the stars and stripes is simply the regular ghost with different paint job. I could be mistaken on this (or any of this for that matter, CRS is a horrible disease;))

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019
This isn't going to help you just yet, but....

I have been wondering this same thing since the Ghost Advanced came out. My DD has been swinging the 2018 ASA (Blue) model for going on two years and it just started to develop sharktooth cracks. I was looking into which Ghost would be the closest replacement in terms of swing feel and performance. Unable to get a concise answer, I decided to buy both the Advanced and "regular" Ghost and do the research ourselves. We just received the Advanced over the weekend and the "regular" should be here this week. Once she has a few weeks of swings on the two "new" bats, I will post a detailed evaluation between the three on here.

The Advanced seems to be much more popular right now. So if you are going into a blind decision on purchasing a Ghost, I would say to buy the Advanced and keep the receipt.

Older daughter had a dual stamp Ghost 34 -9 and had good luck with it. Younger daughter had a dual stamp Ghost 32 -9 and was burned in a small fire in the garage (1-month old). Replaced it and developed small cracks in a few months. Bought the Ghost Advanced 33 -10 and found shark tooth cracks after 3 months. Needless to say, the bats are good from a pop perspective, but I am worn out with the perceived lack of quality. Younger DD is now swinging the 34 -9 and no issues. Not sure if we had a run of bad luck or just didn’t do something right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
the dual stamp is actually the 2018 or 2019 (forget which year it was) ghost with ASA and USSSA stamps. for while Easton made two separate versions, one for ASA (deemed hotter I believe, think this one was gray with yellow), and one for USSSA (think this one was gray or blue), becuase USSSA would not approve the original version (which became the ASA only version).
You got it backwards. Blue/Grey=USA Grey/Yellow=USSSA

DD still is swinging her USA Ghost. Core shipped to Colorado for us summer 2018. Almost 3 years of use included 2 years in college. I can't believe it's still going.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
My DDs both crush the Ghost Advanced. It's because they're amazingly talented and their dad is awesome, but we tell people it's the bat.
Last weekend I went to the driving range before DD's game to kill some time. Her BF showed up too. I am sure to try and butter me up. I took a look at his hand me down clubs. I told him that his clubs are fine for now, until he gets better or gets his own money. I said, it's usually the Indian not the arrow anyway. I pulled out his driver and hit a few balls. I gave it back to him and said, It's definitely the arrow!!!

May 29, 2019
here is my summary (others feel free to correct or add to this)

the dual stamp is actually the 2018 or 2019 (forget which year it was) ghost with ASA and USSSA stamps. for while Easton made two separate versions, one for ASA (deemed hotter I believe, think this one was gray with yellow), and one for USSSA (think this one was gray or blue), becuase USSSA would not approve the original version (which became the ASA only version). then they made a dual stamp version (DD had this, cracked about a month ago). one rumour was this was actually the same as the ASA, USSSA simply finally caved. as you an imagine, having two versions, each only good for one sanction, probably hurt sales (since many girls play both).

Easton still offers a new (2020 I believe) regular Ghost that is dual stamped, as well as the advanced (which is also dual stamped), both are good in any sanction, but the advanced is deemed to be hotter, especially out of the wrapper, but possibly more prone to breakage.

also, I believe I heard, not certain from who, that the stars and stripes is simply the regular ghost with different paint job. I could be mistaken on this (or any of this for that matter, CRS is a horrible disease;))
-The Blue ASA Ghost is still considered the best by many. That is why people are paying "new" prices for used ones and "crazy" prices when NIW bats are found. You see a lot of girls on "Easton" schools still swinging them on TV. That tells me that 1) Not all of them broke within a year and 2) When these girls could swing any Ghost available, they still think the 2018 ASA was best.
-I do not think that having two versions hurt sales. I think that it drove up demand for the 2018 ASA, and I do know of a few girls that carried both in their bag since their travel teams played in both sanctioning orgs.
-You can tell in one swing if the current "dual stamp" (or "non-Advanced") Ghost is the same as the 2018/2019 Ghost. The original Ghosts had an amazing, booming, "shattering tree" sound when you barrelled the ball up. It was very impressive and distinct. I can tell you that the Advanced does not have that sound. It has more of a Demarini/LXT pop, albeit louder.
-DDs Advanced that she received on Sunday already has a very wide "scratch" in it. It looks like a crack, but I am going to hold off on calling it that until it gets bigger. It certainly looks worse than a paint chip, and it does feel raised when you roll your finger over it. That was about 50-75 tee/front toss pitches with regulation balls. I've come to accept the fact that if you are swinging a Ghost, then it is a good idea to have two in your bag.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD has used the 2018 "Blue", 2020 Dual-Stamp, 2020 Dual-Stamp "stars-and-stripes", and the Advanced. The differences between them are pretty minimal. They're all hot. The swing feel is very similar, and you needs to be pretty sensitive to notice a difference. You really can't go wrong with any of them. My DD is currently using the Advanced, and crushing the ball (strength and good mechanics are the biggest factors in that). If she had to pick, the "stars-and-stripes" was her favorite of all of them. Unfortunately, it failed at the connection, and was replaced by Easton with an Advanced.

That said, you're probably going to have a hard time finding anything other than the Advanced right now, if you're buying new.

Also...as others have said... @CoreSoftball20 is your guy for Ghosts. Seriously.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Last weekend I went to the driving range before DD's game to kill some time. Her BF showed up too. I am sure to try and butter me up. I took a look at his hand me down clubs. I told him that his clubs are fine for now, until he gets better or gets his own money. I said, it's usually the Indian not the arrow anyway. I pulled out his driver and hit a few balls. I gave it back to him and said, It's definitely the arrow!!!
Couple of weeks back I bought a Callaway Epic driver, you’re definitely right, it’s the arrow!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA