Get behind the ball early vs Connection

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Not a TTB thread lol. What do you think is more important: Getting behind the ball early or staying connected longer? Can both be achieved? It seems that getting behind the ball early will cause a hitter to lose connection sooner and vice versa. What are y’all’s thoughts?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
A

Arms, hands, shoulders rotating together initially. Hands not moving away from shoulders. Rotating high and tight to begin the turn

I tried that for a decade. I no longer believe the shoulders and make up connection.

Edit: shoulders and arms don’t make up connection.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
So you like the hands to be freed up to do what they need to do?

The spirals run from your toes to your finger tips. The hands connect your back when their used. Using the arms and shoulders I don’t get the same feeling. Our galaxy is spirally formed like our muscular system.

8B6EAF67-FABB-4A6F-81D4-E5C9C50213F7.png

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Most people believe that connection is a pass-through position. I believe it is maintained for a very brief period of time. If one rides it too long then they are spinning. Some back in the day used to suggest that connection was actually the relationship of the body from heel plant to contact. Some might call that sequence now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying