Get a bat!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Ughh my DD!.....she’s swinging a 2019 LXT that she got in December 2019 which she loves, but it’s all beaten to heck. No cracks or damage, but a few tiny spots of missing paint. I want to get her a 2021 LXT but she refuses to get it, she even gets mad when I bring it up. Any other DD like this? You’d think she would jump at getting a new bat, but no. She says it still has pop, but the continuous use over 16 months must be taking its toll on the bat.
We have the 2021 LXT. Great bat. Little different sound than previous models to my ear but very consistent with very good pop. IMO best LXT we’ve used. That includes 17, 19, & 20 LXT’s. All very good bats in their own right.
I would pick your DD up a 2021 and stow it away until it’s needed.
Let her keep killin’ it with the 19
LXT for as long as it lasts. It’s not about looks it’s about performance & confidence.

Sep 19, 2018
It's very possible that composites are at their 'hottest' right before they break. I wonder how much they use a bat that's going to be tested? Are there any tests on how long a composite bat lasts?
It all depends. In 2003, after just one season, the Miken Ultra II was banned from use. I bought Miken's replacement the Freak. Just about my whole team used the freak until it was banned I believe 3 years later. 8 or 9 players, 50 or so games per year. I still used the bat to hit infield / out field.

That bat might not have the largest sweet spot, but they don't make bats that hot anymore.

Oct 10, 2019
I got my DD the blue 32- 21 ghost in 2018 and ever since she refuses to even think of hitting with another bat in a game. I can get her to use another bat for batting practice only to keep swings off the ghost. The only time she perked up about a different bat was when older sister came home with the ghost advanced.

Jun 8, 2016
You are complaining because your kid doesn't want you to spend 300+ dollars on a bat?? #firstworldproblems

May 6, 2015
It all depends. In 2003, after just one season, the Miken Ultra II was banned from use. I bought Miken's replacement the Freak. Just about my whole team used the freak until it was banned I believe 3 years later. 8 or 9 players, 50 or so games per year. I still used the bat to hit infield / out field.

That bat might not have the largest sweet spot, but they don't make bats that hot anymore.
but you made certain to never have them bunt with it, or use it for infield practice before it was banned, right;)

Apr 9, 2020
I would pick up another one either the 2021 model or even last years model most likely discounted now. or even maybe find a 2019 exact replica new .. may get lucky but either way have one in reserve and start breaking it in during lessons and cage time bc like A/C in your house or car it doesn't break when it is 20 degrees out.. usually during the most inopportune time. always nice to have one ready in reserve .. keep blasting with old one in meantime

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma