Game day nutrition

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2010
DD usually does a good job with healthy eating during tournaments, fruit, protein bars, almonds, etc. However, she just had braces put on Wednesday and has a tournament this weekend.

Have thought about individual packages of peanut butter, chicken salad, etc. Any other suggestions for easy to chew/swallow items that are easy to pack?

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
Hard boiled eggs or egg salad if she likes that. Hellman's olive oil mayo is delish IMO to get healthier fats.

Dried meats and fruits too. Lots of great tasting organic jerky out there. I'm partial to Golden Valley brand.

I'm a fan of greek yogurt with fruit on the bottom just before games because of the sugar boost in the fruit and the extra protein.

Peanut butter with banana

...and pack an extra toothbrush...she can just use it with water to get the chit out of her teeth...

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
My DD has braces and she eats Kashi bars or a sandwich on whole grain bread between games. On the way she gets a Dunkin Bagel w/Cream Cheese (protein and carbs). Drinks only water during the games and 1 soda with dinner after and then 10+ bottles of water for the next day. I keep her away from certain foods like fruit during play as the acid affects her harshly.

My wife packs the individual apple sauce squeeze things but my DD doesn't touch them, nuts, sandwiches. It's a very bland diet around our tournaments. I'm the black sheep of the team when it comes to diet, some players eating cheeseburgers and french fries and my DD eating lean turkey on whole grain.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd