First round of HS grades

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
DD has always been a good, self-motivated student and mom and I have learned to always expect A's. Her first term grades from her first year in HS just came in, and grades were even higher than anticipated. She turned in full term grades of 99 in both Art and Math II (Honors) and 98 in both World History (Honors) and Sports Marketing and Administration (which wasn't even on the horizon when I was in HS). Very proud.

May 12, 2008
I can't emphasize enough the doors high grades will open or to put it another way, the doors mediocre grades will close. Keep it up.

Jul 4, 2014
Congratulations! Your daughter certainly has her head in the game. Not that I'm am expert, but simply speaking from what DD is experiencing, I agree with everyone else here.... Grades is the way to go. It can certainly open doors, catch the attention of coaches, and create opportunities that may not have happened with mediocre grades. Outside of being a stud (and even then, those studs are constantly looking over their shoulder for the next up and coming stud - and so are coaches btw), Grades and Test Scores are the next best thing to generate interest from coaches and schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet