First HS HR

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
DD's been in a slump for the beginning of HS ball. She got on base in their first game but no hits. Second game was terrible for everyone so no hits there. Finally got a hit in the third game which was a nice triple. But the next game - hitless and she only saw 2 pitches since she swung at the first pitch. Good contact but right at someone.

So after that game she said - I'm in a slump and I just told her - to swing hard and do what she could. We had a double header on Saturday where we played a team that last year - DD went hitless against and we lost two games against them (we played a DH with them last year too).

Started out ok - our leadoff (our best hitter) got a solo HR. Then in the second inning - the leadoff in that inning hit a solo HR. Then DD comes up to bat and hits herself a solo HR!! She's hit one in TB but never in HS so super proud of her. Of course, I suck at taking videos where I sit so you can't even see it go out. But it did :)

We went on to win both games too!

Apr 25, 2019
DD's been in a slump for the beginning of HS ball. She got on base in their first game but no hits. Second game was terrible for everyone so no hits there. Finally got a hit in the third game which was a nice triple. But the next game - hitless and she only saw 2 pitches since she swung at the first pitch. Good contact but right at someone.

So after that game she said - I'm in a slump and I just told her - to swing hard and do what she could. We had a double header on Saturday where we played a team that last year - DD went hitless against and we lost two games against them (we played a DH with them last year too).

Started out ok - our leadoff (our best hitter) got a solo HR. Then in the second inning - the leadoff in that inning hit a solo HR. Then DD comes up to bat and hits herself a solo HR!! She's hit one in TB but never in HS so super proud of her. Of course, I suck at taking videos where I sit so you can't even see it go out. But it did :)

We went on to win both games too!

Nice hit and she knew it right off the bat!!

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
Nice to get that out of the way. DD hit her first HR in high school before doing it in travel. Surprisingly, after she hit her first she followed it up with another in the same game. I waited a long time to see her put one over the fence, lol.

Oct 4, 2018
Congrats. Nice hit.

Makes me ask what constitutes a slump. I would say it's much more than the few games she mentions. And a slump isn't "hit it right at someone". Sounds like she's been doing great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101