First HS State ink 2013

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
It's more baseball, but DD does get a softball mention in there ( her first game today ). I didn't get a sniff in the article I guess since being the baby in the family we had moved I went to a different HS, and no state run :(.

But, I set my alarm for 2:30am to get up and read the article for another reason.........my father. I wanted to make sure the paper included how special and inspirational he has been to ALL of us over the many years. He has truly been a blessing to us.......on and off the field. He will turn 73 this summer and still travels all over the nation watching his grand kids play abroad. He has forgotten more about ball and pitching than I will ever know.

What would be extra special to him would be the last two grand kids, Nathan and Alex, to win their senior year state championship together in softball and baseball. To end an era like that for dad would mean more to me than the crown itself.

14d6c1205353ba98508c11c15ac823ba_zps08f59890.jpg
[/IMG]

For Stanford family, Harding baseball is a tradition » The Commercial Appeal

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2012
very nice article and obviously well earned for your talented family's history of great ball players....thanks for sharing and the best of luck to your nephew and DD in teir state tournaments.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl