Feels like spring!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Sorry, just a weather forecast.

We threw the ball outside yesterday, and pretty much all winter. But starting this morning it looks like we are indoors till March.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Sorry, just a weather forecast.

We threw the ball outside yesterday, and pretty much all winter. But starting this morning it looks like we are indoors till March.

Has the extreme wind gotten to you yet. I think every hour over night I woke to another piece of deck furniture blowing over. Then this morning it was 11 degrees to go along with the 40 mph winds.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Why does HS ball start so late? You are 100's of miles south and we TRY to have games in April (40 degrees and cold wind off of Lake Superior).

I think I am the only outcast in the state that thinks it is messed up. Everyone seems to believe that tb is just training for hs ball, and hs ball is the end of the road.

Jun 7, 2011
Central Iowa
Make that two of us!! If I'm not mistaken, before volleyball became widely prevalent, Iowa's HS season used to be in the fall. It switched sometime in the early 1980's, I think. IGHSAU probably moved it to keep them from conflicting. The funny part is that, now with club volleyball taking place in the spring, the two still compete for the girls' time.

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
I think Iowa is the only state that I have heard of that plays more games in HS and TB takes a back seat.

The worm has turned here in Superior, teens below zero forcast with a good wind. Water pipes will be breaking all over the place because we have zero snow cover. Back to hockey season I guess...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes