Feedback on Mechanics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2008
I am her pitching instructor

This was a complete tear down that has taken place over the past year, to correct serious mechanical flaws she had developed.

Every pitcher develops a "style", some more aggressive than others.
Our focus with her has been to aggressively attack a batter with hard down movement, which can only be consistently achieved with an early pre-movement (slide), and explosive attack posture towards the plate. She struggled before by being "too tall", thus blocking herself at release, which eliminated power and consistency within the strike zone.

She is still learning... I agree that the "DIP" shown in the video
(note that it is 1 pitch in time) could be considered a little extreme at this point. I am confident that she will find a consistent rhythm as she grows with confidence and experience. A year ago, she was throwing 54 mph, she is now throwing 62-63 consistently, with hard downward movement. She hit 66 twice on the Rev Fire at Winthrop University at the Queen of Diamonds showcase earlier this Fall.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hal Skinner... long time, no talk....I'll tell Hoppe I heard from you..

Nice job.....Very nice job.........Glad to see someone else working with kids knows how to the use the mound...........the kid brings it........fun to watch.......

May 13, 2008
Raleigh NC
Charlie, I dont know what you know of Marc Daganais, but he pretty much knows EVERYBODY in Canada involved with softball or they know him.

Got to be some way you all can hook up for a show and clinic up there during the season that would benefit both organizations.

Marc has the contacts to spread the word of an upcoming show.

You or Rich should give him a yell and see what you guys can put together.

Hal.

Tried sending this to your kingofdiamonds mailbox but it kicked back and said it was full.

Hey....
I am on face book with Marc.... so I see all of his posts...

Mike Branchaud, who is a team mate of mine and has played with the Court since 1995, is pretty high up with Softball Canada. He is in charge of all the amateur championships, from 8U to some work with the National teams..

He was in Okla City during the championships last summer. He actually was in charge of the "Border Battle" deal with the slow pitch guys.

Point Marc my way..... we certainly would love to go back to Canada.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd