Fastpitch hitters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Not talking about HR..you ever hit with wood against 90? I have and there is minimal difference when you barrel one up BUT when you don’t there is a huge difference when compared to composite. If you don’t think that effects BA you are kidding yourself..

We can keep going back and forth like this but it is pointless and tbh I don’t really care which one is better anyway 😂

I get it. I’m not saying the mlb swing isn’t more powerful. Maybe even some of the momentus things like a higher elbow help that. Not sure Musial, Clemente, Ted and others did just fine power wise wo it. And routinely hit for a higher average. But the fastpitch swing is all about efficiency. Without it girls will struggle. Teaching girls to be more powerful by making their swing longer isnt it IMO. My whole point is that their swing is MORE EFFICIENT. To me that’s better. Power is relative to the player. Collecting more hits w sprinkled in HRs is how it should be done. They can’t outathlete the pitching. They don’t possess that attribute. Anyway good talk.

Jun 8, 2016
[/QUOTE]
I get it. I’m not saying the mlb swing isn’t more powerful. Maybe even some of the momentus things like a higher elbow help that. Not sure Musial, Clemente, Ted and others did just fine power wise wo it. And routinely hit for a higher average. But the fastpitch swing is all about efficiency. Without it girls will struggle. Teaching girls to be more powerful by making their swing longer isnt it IMO. My whole point is that their swing is MORE EFFICIENT. To me that’s better. Power is relative to the player. Collecting more hits w sprinkled in HRs is how it should be done. They can’t outathlete the pitching. They don’t possess that attribute. Anyway good talk.

Forgot about power, what I am saying is that for a given hitter (eg with a given amount of power) the ratio of exit speed when barreling up a ball vs. not barreling up a ball is going to be lower in MLB with wood bats then with composite bats...that will effect BA.

Also you keep talking about efficiency..do you really know what that means because if you did you might want to use a different word...(hint: it has the word work in it and power is the rate of work..)

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Buy a Lamborghini. Buy a Camry. Which one is reliable? Which one will cost you less? Which one will give you less headaches? Which one won’t be in the shop half the time?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Forgot about power, what I am saying is that for a given hitter (eg with a given amount of power) the ratio of exit speed when barreling up a ball vs. not barreling up a ball is going to be lower in MLB with wood bats then with composite bats...that will effect BA. You keep talking about efficiency..do you really know what that means?
[/QUOTE]

In hitting its short to the ball. Men are so much stronger and can get away w so much more. And they still can’t stay on top of a 4 seamer. Efficient.

Jun 8, 2016
In hitting its short to the ball. Men are so much stronger and can get away w so much more.
Ok so time to contact..Men also swing heavier bats which more or less negates the strength difference..

If we want to do a closer apples to apples comparison look at college baseball before they moved to BBCOR..

See..this is why I don't like to debate things..I cannot stop myself 🤣...I have stuff I have to do...lol.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
lol. They put up better numbers. Your mlb swings are hitting .230. Selfish power-filled inefficient swings. All or nothing. The guys w the low elbows seem to hit .300. Go figure.

Generally speaking, pro hitters build their swings off of what they get paid for. MLB has placed a financial premium on power. As a result, hitters have become home run addicts. If my boss told me I could double or triple my salary by adjusting something, I would have to at least think about it.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Seen my DD has hit line drive doubles over 3rd baseman with ball hitting the bat an inch above the connector. There is zero sting in that grey ghost. So not only are bats hot, the whole bat is hittable. Bats matter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez