Fake softball energy trend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Great feedback. I appreciate the conversation. I’m watching FSU right now. They play with excitement and it’s genuine looking. It doesn’t look forced at all. A genuine love for the game and one another.

OU does just to do it. Going ballistic on walks is so corny
Whatever thy are paying Lonnie isn’t enough.

May 12, 2014
So really this thread was just a passive aggressive way to bitch about OU..😂
Not at all. They’re just an example. I appreciate greatness and they are that. Are they cheesy? Sure. But they’re an example of the fake energy trend in the sport. Watch FSU and it’s genuine. Each player celebrates in their own way.

A lot of teams in softball do the “let’s go” with arms locked out backwards thing.

Jul 5, 2016
Is it possible that OU has a different team culture than does FSU? Based on the OU games I have watched recently, I cannot discern anything fake about the OU team. You just can't do some of the stuff they are doing without real energy.

Now, do I like the way Michaela Edenfield expresses her individuality? Sure, but that doesn't make OU fake.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Girl got intentionally walked just now and acted like she hit the game running grand slam while curing cancer and rescuing puppies from a fire.
Honestly, I believe some of the loud outbursts for no reason are strictly to get into the other pitchers head or bother the other
team (without it being called bush). They just claim its enthusiasm. Which is why some coaches want it at certain times or all the time.
Pitcher walks someone and all of a sudden the batter goes crazy, throws the bat, team goes crazy...pitcher hears it.

Now Im all about the cheering and stuff, I couldnt care less...these kids are only playing this game for so long...then the ride is over. Let
them cheer and sing and whatever. But I def think some of it is for another purpose.

Jun 8, 2016
Look I get it. I grew up playing baseball in the 80’s and 90’s. You didn’t do anything to show up your opponents, you respected the game etc. Thing is this is not the 80’s. You know how you really respect the game? You play your as$ off all the time. Watch OU (or any of these teams). Watch where the batter ends up on a popup to the IF. Watch them run out every GB. That is how you respect the game..the other stuff, fake or not, is just that..stuff.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00