Fake softball energy trend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2014
Might be a bit repetitive and even excessive at times (MLB as well), but I don't think it's fake.

Morales notwithstanding, a bit of enthusiasm rarely hurts anyone.
Great take. I honestly love passion. But everyone doing the same gestures is more of a trend thing vs a sincere outburst of emotion…in my opinion.

I’m watching OU now and they over celebrate everything. It would be like football players dancing whenever they get a first down

May 12, 2014
When you win 50 games in a row you can celebrate however you want.
Nah. It’s a manufactured emotion. Not sure why the truth bothers some of you. It’s ok to admit that it’s not a sincere emotion from some of these players and actually forced. Doesn’t mean they’re bad players, people etc. It doesn’t mean this great sport sucks. It’s just an observation that many people have noticed.

I went on twitter and someone I follow was watching the game. He’s a big baseball fan. His first tweet was “No way a 1st inning walk draws that kind of emotional celebration!” Lol. I agree

Jun 8, 2016
He’s a big baseball fan. His first tweet was “No way a 1st inning walk draws that kind of emotional celebration!” Lol. I agree
I am a big baseball fan too and he’s right but this isn’t professional baseball, these are college females.

Also so what if it is manufactured. I think it is amusing that it bothers you enough to make a thread about it.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Nah. It’s a manufactured emotion. Not sure why the truth bothers some of you. It’s ok to admit that it’s not a sincere emotion from some of these players and actually forced. Doesn’t mean they’re bad players, people etc. It doesn’t mean this great sport sucks. It’s just an observation that many people have noticed.

I went on twitter and someone I follow was watching the game. He’s a big baseball fan. His first tweet was “No way a 1st inning walk draws that kind of emotional celebration!” Lol. I agree

I'm trying to figure out if you just don't know what the word manufactured means or what.

Are you suggesting none of them are actually excited about whatever good thing they did? This thread started with "They're not original enough in their happiness so it's not real," so I'm not expecting much in the way of logic here, but come on.

They're excited. Maybe a first-inning walk is going overboard or whatever, but there's nothing fake about being excited by doing something well and trying to pump up your teammates.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414