Extra Innings - Player Rankings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
I've seen these online. How's it work?

There's absolutely no way people are traveling around the nation comparing 12U players. So they're just getting input from coaches, right? Coaches submit their players? It certainly seems like something people could pay for placement, or game the system.

Jun 8, 2016
Only good for a few 100 #yourkidisastuds and #proudmamas

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2013
Brent Eads gets input from coaches, tournament directors and others involved with softball. The girls that get ranked are from the top teams at the top tournaments. Obviously girls will be missed if they’re not at the big tournaments. The rankings are purely subjective, but if a player makes the lists they’re very good.

Aug 3, 2016
Brent Eads gets input from coaches, tournament directors and others involved with softball. The girls that get ranked are from the top teams at the top tournaments. Obviously girls will be missed if they’re not at the big tournaments. The rankings are purely subjective, but if a player makes the lists they’re very good.

Making the list does not guarantee that a player is any good, It just guarantees that somebody (cough)parent(cough) submitted their name for the list.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Add some mph’s to the top speed the pitcher has ever hit on a radar gun - not game speed - and there you have it. Not saying all of the speeds reported are false but the vast majority are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
I am sure most of the kids who make the list are good and external recognition can be a good thing, but the value of them at the MS school age is minimal.

Mar 6, 2016
I'm sure the Gamechanger stats for each girl are the "go to" for a true and honest statistical evaluation of each player. :rolleyes: :unsure:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06