Ever heard of a team forfeiting a game because a call didn't go there way

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2014
we all know their are idiots out there and this guy proves it...what exactly are you telling the poor girl that is at the plate, I don't have any confidence in you? If the coach threatened to leave first as in " I'm going to forfeit if you don't rule in my favor", as the ump I would be tempted to say "well that would have to come from your AC since you are now watching the rest of the game from the parking lot". Then call over the AC and explain that he can continue play take a chance at winning or losing 1-0 or forfeit and lose 7-0 what would you like to do?"

Nov 18, 2013
Silly to forfeit over that. Even if the ump made your DD go out your team could have had a new girl throw one pitch and put your DD back in.

Dec 19, 2012
In USSSA it is 2 conferences and then a pitching change but the trip in question was actually our coach checking on an injured player from the other team on 1st and saying something to my dd as he walked over there. The umpires did not have that marked as a visit so there was no pitching change required. The girls on that team were still in a position to win that game even though they had struggled with my dd the whole game. Instead of accepting the call, the coach threw a tantrum and cost her kids the chance to win a game. I absolutely would not allow my dd to play for a coach like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the 2008 USSSA Fastpitch Rule book:

CHARGED CONFERENCE
A. Defense - Each team when on defense, may be granted not more than three
charged conferences without penalty during a seven-inning game to permit coaches
or their representatives from the bench to confer with a defensive player or players.
In any extra inning game, each team shall be permitted one charged conference
without penalty each inning while on defense. The number of charged conferences is
not cumulative. A coach, player, substitute or an attendant may make a request for
time for a conference. This defensive team charged conference is effective when the
ball first becomes alive at the start of each half inning.
PENALTY: AFTER THREE CHARGED CONFERENCES IN A SEVEN INNING
GAME, OR FOR ANY CHARGED CONFERENCE IN EXCESS OF ONE IN EACH
EXTRA INNING, THE PITCHER SHALL BE REMOVED AS A PITCHER FOR THE
DURATION OF THE GAME.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
If you voluntary forfeit a game in this neck of the woods in the middle of the game, that it is the end of your tournament. And good luck getting into the next one.

Right now all the local tourneys have been turning teams away every week. No one needs the problem teams at the moment. The supply of teams locally has exceeded the amount of tournament spots so the power is with the tournament directors.

Jun 14, 2016
That's strange because I know the argument was that he made 2 circle visits and it wasn't in extra innings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2013
From the 2008 USSSA Fastpitch Rule book:

CHARGED CONFERENCE
A. Defense - Each team when on defense, may be granted not more than three
charged conferences without penalty during a seven-inning game to permit coaches
or their representatives from the bench to confer with a defensive player or players.
In any extra inning game, each team shall be permitted one charged conference
without penalty each inning while on defense. The number of charged conferences is
not cumulative. A coach, player, substitute or an attendant may make a request for
time for a conference. This defensive team charged conference is effective when the
ball first becomes alive at the start of each half inning.
PENALTY: AFTER THREE CHARGED CONFERENCES IN A SEVEN INNING
GAME, OR FOR ANY CHARGED CONFERENCE IN EXCESS OF ONE IN EACH
EXTRA INNING, THE PITCHER SHALL BE REMOVED AS A PITCHER FOR THE
DURATION OF THE GAME.

There goes my idea

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl