Do your players really hit >.600?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I would find the top 3 lines suspect. 0 SAC/SF and only 8 ROE in over 200 AB combined? Even the fourth line, 0 ROE in 118 AB? If the earlier theory that all of the talent is foregoing HS ball for travel is correct, then they must have pretty fabulous fielding top to bottom in the state, those 'lower tier' girls are fielding at astronomical rates.....
0 ROE in 118 ABs???? Ah, nope. Throw that book away.

On the other side of the coin is the SK that scores a GB to the 5-6 hole off the glove of the SS (playing to deep) a ROE. Even if the SS had fielded the ball cleanly she would have never of been able to throw out the batter. ROE is a BA killer.

Oct 29, 2019
Many of the guys on here are former baseball players/or fans of baseball, and when we were younger we would actually open up the sports section of the paper and scan the stats. Baseball is very stat driven which is now ingrained into our DNA. I swear we weren't born this way!!!

I used to organize my baseball cards by batting average and read stats every morning in the paper.

Numbers/Stats are fun.

I have passed this on to my kid.

She follows her stats closely and also that stats of all the teams she knows.

If the coach is using stats when they are making the lineup it's probably a good idea for the kids to know what the stats mean.

Jun 8, 2016
If the coach is using stats when they are making the lineup it's probably a good idea for the kids to know what the stats mean.
Knowing what they mean and knowing your stats are two different things..To be clear I don’t really have an issue with a kid knowing if they ask or keep it themselves. What I don’t necessarily like are parents feeding their kid the stats without initiation from the kid..

Last edited:
May 27, 2022
0 ROE in 118 ABs???? Ah, nope. Throw that book away.

On the other side of the coin is the SK that scores a GB to the 5-6 hole off the glove of the SS (playing to deep) a ROE. Even if the SS had fielded the ball cleanly she would have never of been able to throw out the batter. ROE is a BA killer.

Not sure what most see, but slow(er) power hitters might not be able to outrun a muffed ball that would otherwise be an error. I've scored our Varsity HS the last 5 years (with oversight from the HC); over that time, we've avearged 3.7 ROE per 100 at bats. Highest individual was 7.9 lowest was .87.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Not sure what most see, but slow(er) power hitters might not be able to outrun a muffed ball that would otherwise be an error. I've scored our Varsity HS the last 5 years (with oversight from the HC); over that time, we've avearged 3.7 ROE per 100 at bats. Highest individual was 7.9 lowest was .87.
3.7 per 100 ABs seems very low. But I see anything hit really hard called a base hit on TV, so.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA