Do you attend your daughter's practice?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
;)
I will say that there is one person, whose DD was on Marcela's previous team, who I will chat with occasionally when I am waiting for Marcela in the car and he finds that I am not sleeping. Other than that I literally haven't spoken to any other parent on the team since she joined 6 months ago..They are not missing much :)

You are definitely hard on yourself. You and I have had conversations in these forums for a few years now and I don't see the same person you see. Not sure why...

Apr 9, 2020
I enjoyed watching the practices especially our coach who so many unique drills and routines that I never witnessed before every one moving all the time . very cool.. to this day when we used to travel she could take like a 15' area and have the team split in groups and balls were going in all directions like the Harlem globetrotter weave from back in the day... plus like to see how the girls were progressing and who took practices seriously and worked off hours on their craft.. usually had my headphones on and just sat off by myself watching and observing..

Jun 8, 2016
You are definitely hard on yourself. You and I have had conversations in these forums for a few years now and I don't see the same person you see. Not sure why...
I can be engaging when I feel like it..I can also tell somebody they are an idiot to their face without feeling bad about it (ask the former Dean of my college..)..people are better off not finding out if I think they are idiots.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I did at 10u because it was new for both of us. Then joined on as an AC coach for first year 12u. Also helping coach her second year 12u.

But I don’t watch her JH practices (even though the coaches said it’s fine if parents want to). I know what she needs to work on and trust her work ethic. I also think it’s good to just let her be on her own during team time. Let’s her learn and work independently.

Once she moves to 14u next year (I won’t coach) I won’t watch those practices either.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I can be engaging when I feel like it..I can also tell somebody they are an idiot to their face without feeling bad about it (ask the former Dean of my college..)..people are better off not finding out if I think they are idiots.

We are similar in some ways. I am generally a loner. I am more comfortable sitting by myself than in a large group of people. I am annoyed by fake people, but appreciate honesty. One difference is that I typically don't call someone an idiot to their face (there are exceptions...). I simply end the conversation quickly and walk away. If I see that person again I will great them but will find another place to sit.

I recently saw a post on Facebook that I related to. I'm paraphrasing, but it stated something like The older I get the less impressed I am by things.

Jun 8, 2016
One difference is that I typically don't call someone an idiot to their face (there are exceptions...). I simply end the conversation quickly and walk away.
You have a filter.. ;) But again, knowing myself, I am just better off limiting my engagement lest I embarrass the people I care about. I've gotten pretty good at "self-medicating"..

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan