DFP Hall of Fame Threads

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
I/R in the Classroom - Board Member
Drive Mechanics - Javasource

IMO - These are the Holy Grail of pitching instruction.

Honorable mention to Basic arm-body Sync - Sluggers and Front Side Resistance - Rick Pauly.

I second these nominations. These are Pitching gold!

Nov 30, 2013
Feb 7, 2013
If we are talking hall of fame threads, número uno in my book http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-pitching/1348-internal-rotation.html. Post #4. Absolutely rich with insight and new terms: internal rotation, show it and throw it, and palm to the sky concepts. It also has a detailed description and drill to really understand how the rotation of the lower arm is the fastest part of the body. If you actually try Boardmember's drill where you hold your arm straight out and rotate the palm up and palm down several times quickly and see your hand blur. Wow, there is no way an instructor could teach hello elbow mechanics with a straight face after performing that demonstration.

Apr 25, 2010
Why is nobody mentioning all the thread "gold" that Hal Skinner contributed?? Always entertaining reading.

Jan 24, 2009
Why is nobody mentioning all the thread "gold" that Hal Skinner contributed?? Always entertaining reading.

Isn't it about time to let Hal out of the SHU? For dang sakes, put Pete Rose in the HOF and bring Hal back to DFP. Bring. Back. Hal. BRIng. BAck. HAL! BRING BACK HAL!!!..............

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Come'on Boardmember, You start chanting it as well..... "Bring back Hal.... Bring back Hal."

Ever seen the movie Unbreakable? Boardmember (the Bruce Willis character) and Hal (the Samuel Jackson character).

Sep 18, 2011
OMG! Just read maybe half of Rose Colored Glasses. That was surreal. Kind of like tackling the novel "Infinite Jest."

Oct 10, 2011
OMG! Just read maybe half of Rose Colored Glasses. That was surreal. Kind of like tackling the novel "Infinite Jest."
I made a pot of coffee and got through about half of the pot and half the post. I didn't get far reading it when it first got started as I got tired of the fighting...I should have kept reading.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom