DFP Hall of Fame Threads

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
If you had to pick the best threads ever posted on DFP, which would you pick? I'll put down http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/5027-megan-1-tee.html just to beat Rdbass to it :D

Also, because I'm a bat freak and own a "bat scale" I'd say Eric's: http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-equipment/20034-bat-weight-database.html Congrats on being nominated!

I'll admit, I didn't spend a lot of time thinking about this, but I'll come up with more later. What helped you the most, or what did you really enjoy reading on here?

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I/R in the Classroom - Board Member
Drive Mechanics - Javasource

IMO - These are the Holy Grail of pitching instruction.

Honorable mention to Basic arm-body Sync - Sluggers and Front Side Resistance - Rick Pauly.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2014
As a newbie, the threads I have enjoyed reading the most are about the real life experiences everyone shares, I have learned so much in my short time here.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Best threads ever? OH BOY! There are many, MANY threads that have sections in them (multiple posts) that just time to go straight to the top in terms of level of quality of information. Where does one even begin, aside from the one's mentioned above, particularly the I/R in the classroom and the drive mechanics pitching bibles?

Dec 29, 2010
I have only been here a few years, but the threads(tech. hitting) that got delated have to get a vote. You wanna discuss the info? The passion? The witty remarks? Back and forth slinging backed with info, providing links ect. Unfortunately it gets to hot and personal attacks on dds and members gets them erased forever. There is a lot of history that I have learned since I came to this website. From these threads I learned about TM, BBD, Donny Buster, Howard Carrier, Tewks, Hanson, Yeager, ect ect.

Oct 10, 2014
Peach State
There was one here a few months ago about things you wish you could say at the park. I thought it was hilarious, but it must have gotten too personal, because it was deleted.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
We lost a few threads due to technical problems during an upgrade. The one about things you wish you could say at the park may have been one of the victims of that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom