Defensive Indifference

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Interesting...

Seems the rules are pretty clear. I might need to discuss with the coach and let him decide.

Oct 14, 2019
Interesting...

Seems the rules are pretty clear. I might need to discuss with the coach and let him decide.
Although I believe from everything I have read that defensive indifference should be an exceedingly rare call, I know that the pattern and practice here in central Fl on gamechanger is to score a 1st and 3rd steal of second base as defensive indifference. I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen it scored a stolen base.

Oct 4, 2018
Although I believe from everything I have read that defensive indifference should be an exceedingly rare call, I know that the pattern and practice here in central Fl on gamechanger is to score a 1st and 3rd steal of second base as defensive indifference. I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen it scored a stolen base.

Right?

That girl didn't steal anything. The defense was indifferent. Seems clear. *shrug*

Oct 14, 2019
Right?

That girl didn't steal anything. The defense was indifferent. Seems clear. *shrug*
At 12u, our catcher had a great arm. With 2 outs and runners at 1st and 3rd, she almost always threw down. A lot of times, the fielder would be standing on the base with the ball waiting for the runner because the throw was unexpected. Teams get used to the catcher not throwing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PHguy