Dd pitching opinion needed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Gee BM, still attacking what you dont know and understand. You need to stick to what you know, leg slapping, step style, and open mechanics. When it comes to leap and drag mechanics, you obviously do not have a clue.

You were asking how to tell the difference between step and L and D. Good Lord, thats pitching instruction 101. Apperently the obvious goes right by you when it's convenient for you or it doesnt conform to exactly the stuff you teach..

The ASA will never allow leaping or the re-plant but that you can still hope for I suppose. They will always require the toe drag too, sorry.

This young pitcher will advance quickly with L and D mechanics. Step style mechanics are already holding her back.

Whether you can see that or want to admit it, that is the issue going on with her. It is OBVIOUS that she is trying to get more aggressive than her weak step style will allow. Whether you can see that or not, nobody cares. I have seen that hundreds of times.

You think she didnt throw enough pitches in the video to demonstrate how she will pitch in a game??? I saw enough to know, even without a pitchers rubber.

No amount of videos of high level pitchers is going to hide the fact that you do not know the difference between the two styles of pitching.

Godd luck to your students.

Last edited:
May 29, 2013
Lately she has been practicing with step. For a year we have been working on leap/drag. I posted the vid with the intention of inspiring her to practice more and keep trying based on what I thought would probably be positive tips and such. I have no local access to a p/c so i was hoping for a surrogate of sorts here. Her team has two pitchers that the h/c alternates between. She would be #3 but has not been given even a whiff of the circle despite h/c telling her that she would have opportunities. 20 games later and nada. So I think she's losing interest.

Oh well, I'll keep my baggage to myself.

Thanks for the tips Hal, bm, and all others who commented. I appreciate it.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Left field, it is alright. The parent is new to this forum and posted what they had. If there were only 2 or 3 pitches, I would not be able to make the assessment I did. I saw enough to have an opinion. I have seen hundreds like this and at this point.

My evaluation is correct.