DD finally got the rise.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

After 10months of practicing mostly just the mechanics of the rise my DD has thrown a rise that actually worked, earlier this week b4 one of our last league games she was warming up as she always does and calls me over says Dad take a look at this, she throws a rise looked great so I say throw 5 more 3 out of the 5 looked good, so I say do you want me to call the pitch during the game a few times she says sure. anyway it went something like this I think I called it 5 times 1st one was a beaut batter was like 5 in under the ball. 2nd time she got ripped but our outfielder caught it, 3rd one hit the batter, 4th was perfect again, and 5 went wild I think it hit the # on the backstop. so shes along way off from implementing it into her game pitching sequence but she's finally seen it work in action. she was so excited to see it work.

Dec 13, 2014
DDs last pitch to develop was her rise . It ended up to be her go to . Obviously if it is not spotted well or does not rise it will get whacked just like any other pitch. Keep bringing into her games more and more. It will be a process but she needs that pitch

definitely had her throw it today in our USSSA tourney game toaday a handful of times worked out about 75% of the time but just still having her throw it down the middle at this pt we will work on spots as we go. we split our games today errors got us.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zwhickcar