Crimson Tide leaking

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020
Commitments are year-to-year and will be as long as there is a transfer option.
NCAA caused a worse situation with 5th year seniors. 3 more years of relocating to come.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Only of a certain age is that maybe true. When I went there we had a damn good football coach and a true gentleman named Gene Stallings as the football coach. After that, an idiot named Mike DuBose, Dennis Franchione, almost Mike Price and Mike, my favorite players have no rules Shula. After them, of course, Coach Saban.

It has been my experience, the nouveau Alabama fans, the Yankees who have glommed onto the program or who decided to go to school there because they are successful because of Saban are like you said. People who have been around a while aren't like that typically.

The fact that he didn't know they were out of the tournament speaks volumes. His opinion to fire the coach should be taken with a grain of salt.
BIL is in his mid 40's. I actually went back home with him B'ham (grew up in Abernath) to watch the Bama/Ole Miss game. Very fun! Nothing like drinking at 8am til 3pm and then attending the game. He grew up during the down times, but he became a rabid Bama fan after her graduated and follows all of the message boards. When he came over for dinner they were coming from his kid's baseball game and hadn't followed the game on his phone. But it sounds like he had been following their progress. He knew enough that they were not playing up to Bama expectations.

BTW...I am no Bama softball hater. I've always like Murph. RTR!

Apr 26, 2019
BIL is in his mid 40's. I actually went back home with him B'ham (grew up in Abernath) to watch the Bama/Ole Miss game. Very fun! Nothing like drinking at 8am til 3pm and then attending the game. He grew up during the down times, but he became a rabid Bama fan after her graduated and follows all of the message boards. When he came over for dinner they were coming from his kid's baseball game and hadn't followed the game on his phone. But it sounds like he had been following their progress. He knew enough that they were not playing up to Bama expectations.

BTW...I am no Bama softball hater. I've always like Murph. RTR!
I'm obviously not informed enough to judge him. It was all generalization from what I know.

Besides the typical get up and start drinking as a student before games until well into the night my best experience was Alabama v Ole Miss in Oxford. It was AWESOME.

I stepped on Payton Manning's foot because he was being a dick to our dates and I knew that was all I could get away with or his brother Cooper and his fraternity would beat me down.

Despite the commercials, Payton and Cooper not nice and friendly in my experience. 😁

Jul 5, 2016
So, does Patty Gasso run a program that is that much better than the rest, or is she just better at picking the talent that shows up on her doorstep.

Jun 8, 2016
So, does Patty Gasso run a program that is that much better than the rest, or is she just better at picking the talent that shows up on her doorstep.
Does it really matter? It is college ball, not 10u..win. IMO believe the press on the greatness of any coach at your risk…

Sep 29, 2014
In college the only thing that is different is you have to be able to recruit when you aren't a powerhouse, afterwards it does become easier and success builds on itself. Coaching does matter but in the end coaches don't play the game. A HS team in our area had not won a game in 3 years, we had a new HC come in, I'm new to area and volunteered and we got two other quality asst coaches. we went 7-10 and won a playoff game. Yes it was a great season and awesome culture change...but none of us are under any illusions we got a freshman pitcher on the team who is really good and her freshman catcher from travel ball that have played together for years who is also great, we put a few other pieces together. From talking to girls that are seniors they really liked our new coach and she was great new blood but the players are what matter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA