Cracked CF5?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Everyone on my daughter's team (10u) had a CF5 (mix of -11s and -10s) except for my DD and one other person (who had a 454 -12)... Since the beginning of the year every one of those CF5's have now cracked and 4 of the replacements have cracked (we had 2 replacements crack this past weekend after less than 2 weeks of use.) My DD just switched from a stealth to a cf5 Insane and I hope that it is more durable than the normal cf5's. Seems like the white and red cf5's are prone to cracking. Many of the parents are now looking for another brand of bat because they have lost faith in Demarrini due to the CF5 and the single replacement policy.

Cold weather (i.e., <50) or hitting pitching machine balls??? But even then for a 10U team this seems very unusual.

Apr 21, 2013
Cold weather (i.e., <50) or hitting pitching machine balls??? But even then for a 10U team this seems very unusual.

No Cold weather hitting that I know of (everyone pulls out their old bats or shares a few metal bats when temps drop below 50)... Only one girl on the team ever uses a pitching machine, but it is a lite flight machine/balls. The blue cf5's seemed to hold up better (they all lasted > 6 months), but the newer red ones (2012/13 vs 2011 I think) just do not seem to be holding up for our girls. I know another local team (A level 10U), and we keep hearing reports (and photos on facebook) of their cf5's cracking (or in one case completely splitting in half at the sweet spot.) I don't want it to seem like I am TRYING to bad mouth the cf5's, but I am just relaying what our team is seeing (and getting frustrated about)... like I said, my DD had been using Stealth until she switched over to an Insane about a month ago (and she loves the end loaded Insane... first game she hit the right field fence with it for a in the park HR); just hope the Insane holds up better than the other cf5s that the rest of the team has had.

Dec 7, 2011
For the newbies in the crowd I will state what I believe to be the best combo of bats for those who live in colder climates:

Anderson RT for cold
DM Insane for over 60F

Lots of $ and assessment to get to this point of best equilibrium for DD.

(again just my opinion here - has worked wonderfully for us - my DD smacks the cover off the ball at 5'11" - bat speed at top of charts too - question will be can your DD handle the weighty-ness of the RT....?)

Jun 11, 2012
3 girls on our team have cf5s. 2 have 2013s and one had a 2011. The 2011 is the only one that we've had a problem with so far.

DD's demarini CF5 hope 33"-23 oz.has at least 10,000 hits in an outdoor cage with pitching machine balls not to mention tourneys/practice....looks like hell but have had no problems with it other than the breast cancer ribbon sticker came off the knob of the bat(she almost died lol). This has been every week all year long for 2 years hot or cold (we live in cali but it still gets into the thirties in the winter) just bought her a new CF6 hope 33"-23 oz. will probably still use her old bat for cages and new bat for games

T

Taniacraig

Yes it will not be a legal bat and the same time it can be a disadvantage for the player to use such a bat as well.

May 31, 2012
Even with the cf5s breaking we keep buying them the performance is great. I view it as I'm getting 2 bats for my 220$. If they make it a year combined I'm happy. DD is gonna use older synergy for bp and cf5 only in games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32