Colorado Sparkler for the DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 8, 2023
MN
Well, my daughter (15U) accomplished two of her goals last week at the Sparkler - More than one HR in a day, and more than one HR in a single game. She hit 3 in one day last Friday - one was a nuke in their first game (a few parents said it one-hopped the baseball fence, I couldn't see it land from where I was sitting doing GC) and two more to start their second bracket game (the second one was a grand slam). Her line for the week: .571/.591/1.877/1.286

I really just hoped she would hit one home run, otherwise the car ride home was going to be miserable. :ROFLMAO:

She struggled in the first two pool play games (she was in her head), but things started clicking on Wednesday. Her team, though, mostly struggled at the plate and I have no idea why. The pitching we faced was not that great, and other teams seemed to have no problem putting the ball into play, so the only thing I'm left with is... this team simply cannot hit well enough, and certainly not consistently enough, to be competitive. :(

She didn't do a college camp. She never reached out to any colleges about playing in the Sparkler. It is what it is at this point. She has to do the work, so she's going to get what she earns with the amount of effort she puts into it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoons831