College Camp Sunday at Sparkler

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 6, 2019
I haven't seen any posts on this for the last couple years. Looking for insight on the following:

There are 3 sessions--morning, afternoon and evening, each 4 hours long.
Do they all use the full 4 hours?
How intense are they?
How foolish would it be to do all 3 sessions (each session would include schools with which there is mutual interest and conversation already occurring)?
Especially considering she is doing the jamboree the next day.
Two of the sessions have a larger amount of schools in the same camp as the schools she's interested in (like maybe 7-8). Would she get to spend more time with the coaches from the schools she's targeting, or is it station-to-station for the full time?

All insight and experiences appreciated!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I haven't seen any posts on this for the last couple years. Looking for insight on the following:

How intense are they?
How foolish would it be to do all 3 sessions (each session would include schools with which there is mutual interest and conversation already occurring)?
Two of the sessions have a larger amount of schools in the same camp as the schools she's interested in (like maybe 7-8). Would she get to spend more time with the coaches from the schools she's targeting, or is it station-to-station for the full time?

Decisions, Decisions.

Jamboree--All great players
Camps-Anyone can sign up right?

There will be many coaches at the Jamboree which might be the best use of your time and energy. Perhaps choose one of the camps to attend and the Jamboree? If there are mutual conversations going on, you would hope the coaches would come to her games anyway. You will have to figure out which camp is the most beneficial. Your kid will be exhausted and might not show her best if attending all camps. Best of luck.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
If you can get college coaches that are interested in your DD to contact the camp organizers and request that your DD be assigned to the fields that the coaches are assigned, I pretty sure they would make it happen.

Dec 6, 2019
If you can get college coaches that are interested in your DD to contact the camp organizers and request that your DD be assigned to the fields that the coaches are assigned, I pretty sure they would make it happen.
Perhaps I'm wrong to make the assumption that each camp would be confined to a single field.

Aug 9, 2021
Personally I thought the camps where there were multiple schools and tons of participants were a waste of time/money, other than getting out and playing on a day that would be an off day. Some girls in our organization had a great experience at the smaller camps with 1 or 2 schools. Depends on what you are looking for I suppose. YMMV.

I would not do all 3. The week is a grind.

Good luck!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas

How intense are they?

How was the On Deck Jamboree??? What do finally figure out for the camps? Good luck this week.

Dec 6, 2019
How was the On Deck Jamboree??? What do finally figure out for the camps? Good luck this week.
Jamboree was very cool. And the best part about it was something that I didn't even know was part of it. She did the Monday Jamboree. In addition to all the measurables, they hit on the field (front toss and machine) in front what must have been 150-200(?) college coaches? Looked like just about every P4 and RPI Top 50, as well as many, many others.

Did one of the Sunday college camps, mostly just to meet in person a coach she had been emailing with. And also to get tuned up after a few off days.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Jamboree was very cool. And the best part about it was something that I didn't even know was part of it. She did the Monday Jamboree. In addition to all the measurables, they hit on the field (front toss and machine) in front what must have been 150-200(?) college coaches? Looked like just about every P4 and RPI Top 50, as well as many, many others.

Did one of the Sunday college camps, mostly just to meet in person a coach she had been emailing with. And also to get tuned up after a few off days.
Sounds like you did the right thing.

DD attended a couple of local On Deck Events as an 8th grader and 9th grader. Alistair runs a good program, but I think it is really geared for the P5 schools only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl