Coaches gravitate towards

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
I agree - at every level coaches do have favorites. Sadly, sometimes the coaches can be manipulated by a player to think they are something they truly aren’t. This is where coaches need to tread carefully to not cause dissent among the rest of the team.

Nov 9, 2021
Of course coaches have favorites. It can play out in many ways. It generally means they get more chances to mess up without getting taken out. If a kid is already hit a favorite and they mess up that normally means a quick hook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 5, 2022
Coaches are human. It’s easy to like the kid who shows up works hard keeps their mouth shut is a good leader and knows how to win. Kids like this earn a coaches trust and have a longer leash when they mess up or have bad games. I don’t think that’s playing favorites it’s being good coach but if your the parents of the kid behind that kid then the coach has favorites.

Nov 9, 2021
Great coaches don't have favorites. They are above trivial stuff and will play the best players. I don't know who acarrol is but she is not one of my favorites.

Yes they do. Often the best players are their favorites. Because the things that would make a kid a coaches favorite is generally the same stuff that would make the kid successful.

May 27, 2013
Coaches are human. It’s easy to like the kid who shows up works hard keeps their mouth shut is a good leader and knows how to win. Kids like this earn a coaches trust and have a longer leash when they mess up or have bad games. I don’t think that’s playing favorites it’s being good coach but if your the parents of the kid behind that kid then the coach has favorites.

Those are the kids you’d “think” would be the favorites.

May 17, 2012
I like all my players or wouldn't have taken them on my team. I don't consciously have favorites, I hope they all succeed.

Statistics and talent determine playing time.

That coach is a moron.

May 13, 2023
There was something other than a coach just talking about favoritism in that video, at least something I gleaned from it.

The coach mentioning players talking over the coach when the coach is talking. & when the coach is demonstrating players are distracted not paying attention. Those are not the way to get on the good side.

In a group situation like that a coach could be specifically sending a message to certain players. While letting the whole team know they are aware of it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad