Coach Lotief abruptly resigns at UL.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
There is something else going on...

He is still allowed around the Team so that seems to eliminate all the bad things you normally see in the news causing him to quit.

I would assume that he has a family Issue that he would prefer not to make public.

I do not know him but I wish him and his family luck.

CoachGene72

Can Talk Softball all day
Nov 17, 2012
SoCo
farewell to a great coach

I really enjoyed watching ULL, I am going to continue to watch. I wonder if the spot grip will continue on there. They seemed to have a great deal of success with it.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Here is an article from a few days before he resigned. ULL was trying to keep Lotief on board...which is a good thing, so it seems that the reason does not involve the team or the university.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
Coaching in general is not easy. College coaching is getting rougher. I personally could not do the hours in the air, anymore.

The folks that I know that have had girls play for Candrea, admit that most of the girls think that they are princesses. It is certainly a headache that I wouldn't need.

May 12, 2008
It's a question of Dept support for the program. Mike gave the AD a deadline while pushing for more for the girls and the other coaches and the deadline was not taken seriously so Mike resigned. His commitment to the girls keeps him there as a volunteer assistant.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Like he said, he stayed for the recruiting and getting all the new kids on board and acclimated. He felt from his experience this was the perfect time to leave, that playing the games is the easiest part of the year. So from that standpoint, his recruits are in place, and he gives the new coach enough time to get the game experience with him helping. All while getting herself set up for the next recruiting cycle. I guess it makes sense.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
What? So, was this whole thing just not worded right? I think he should have taken a leave of absence, for 30 days or whatever. I feel bad for the assistant coach. I hope that they keep her salary where it was as head coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck