catcher's facemask crooked?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 8, 2009
Florida
It is hard to tell from the pictures. It loooks as though it may be mounted crooked to the shell. However, I would have it exchanged. You need to trust this equipment and if you arent sure of it, you won't. Mechanically it could be fine, or if it is truly crooked, there could be any number of defects which either made it crooked, or are a result of it being made crooked, that are hidden by the finish. Better to be safe.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Give them a call. I found this.

Corporate Office & Distribution Center
Ampac Enterprises, Inc.
ALL-STAR Division,
P.O. Box 1356
1 Main Street
Shirley, MA 01464

Phone: (978) 425-6266
Toll Free (800) 777-3810
Fax: (978) 425-4068
All-Star products are sold exclusively through authorized sporting goods dealers. To locate the dealer nearest you please visit our "Where to Purchase" page.

If you have questions about our products, warranties, or other requests please e-mail us at the customer service address below.

customerservice@all-starsports.com

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Try loosening the screws holding the mask to the helmet and sliding the straps holding it to center it up. It also could be plastic shavings under the female part of the screw inside the shell holding them at an angle. I've seen it a few times on batting helmets with preinstalled face masks. I'm kind of particular about that kind of thing myself, so I would try to adjust it myself before sending it back.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd