Buying bats on EBay

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 31, 2011
So my daughter wants a Synergy. I can save 50 bucks buying one on EBay as opposed to paying retail. What gives? I called an online dealer and asked if they could match the price and they said they could not. What's the catch or should I feel ok buying a bat on Ebay?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Does it have the manufacturer's warranty? Will you get the receipt? Are you certain that it is not a blemished bat? I am taking for granted that the bat is new and in the wrapper.

If the seller has a lot of sales and good feedback, make certain that you are taking into account any shipping that might be charged.

Nov 1, 2008
I've bought 2 bats for my DD off eBay. Both were new in wrapper. The most recent a rocketech, retail everywhere was $249 plus shipping. I paid $185 shipped. So far so good. She outgrew the first bat I got her on eBay so I sold it.......on eBay. Like Amy said, if you get a receipt so you can warranty it if needed that's good. If not, just make sure you get it a LOT cheaper just in case.

May 31, 2011
Seller's ad said receipt available upon request. It also said it was new and in the factory wrapper. Full manufacturer's warranty...no different from softball sales.com or the other online dealers. I think they had close to 1000 transactions with 100% feedback.

May 25, 2010
I think they had close to 1000 transactions with 100% feedback.
That's the selling point right there.

For all its faults - and they are numerous - eBay does a great job of preventing people from developing bogus sales/feedback histories. Obviously, it takes a while for even the most trustworthy merchants to reach that level, but once they're there, buyers are good to go.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Make sure you request a hard receipt (paper) and not a printable receipt sent via email. I am not sure about Easton but some manufacturers require a paper receipt from the dealer. Do not leave feedback for the seller until you receive the item AND receipt. I have bought several items from ebay from different sellers and all transactions have been pain free. I hope yours is as well.

May 31, 2011
How do these guys manage to sell so cheap? I passed on the Synergy and went with a Rip It Force for more savings than there was on the Synergy. New bat, warranty, good feedback...I hope this works out.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I bought a Dimarini Bustos and a Miken Rain from Ebay. Saved some money and both bats were new in wrapper, no blemishes and came with a receipt. Sold DD's Louisville Slugger TPS for about 1/2 list after two seasons. Check the feedback and don't be afraid.

FYI, the people selling the Rain indicated they'd bought a bunch of them to sell as a fundraiser. I saved about 50 bucks from the cheapest online store, plus no shipping.

Jul 26, 2010
How do these guys manage to sell so cheap? I passed on the Synergy and went with a Rip It Force for more savings than there was on the Synergy. New bat, warranty, good feedback...I hope this works out.

They're probably selling last years model, trying to recover something on them from keeping the extra inventory all year.

-W

Mar 13, 2010
I got a TPS bat a couple of years back brand new in wrapper for $30. It wasn't compisite but I loved that bat. It cost me $60 to get it sent over, but the bat was currently selling here for $180. Only reason I got a new one is because my bag got stolen out of my car. (and thank GOD for insurance. I got $1500 back)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd