Blue says I cant coach from the dugout

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Did you talk to the ump after the game about the call?

-W
It seems a little early in the season to get on the umps bad side. I would talk to the ump too , calmly. My be it was a misunderstanding , I wouldn't go running to the board just yet , it can be along season for you ,by the way umps talk to each other.

Oct 18, 2009
The one reason I could see her calling something like that was if in her opinion it was being disruptive to the game or slowing the game down. We played a coach last week who was making his pitcher hold the ball and between every pitch repositioning his defense and explaining to every person on the field what their next job was. It was a scrimmage but it was really disrupting the flow and taking a lot of time.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Blue has a lot of leeway, which I agree with.

They can pull the “spirit of the game” card any time they want and you are done.

From your posts it sounds like you are a vocal person.

My DD would not play on your Team that is just my opinion.

Blues hopefully hold their opinions to themselves unless it gets, in their opinion, out of control.

Is there a rule that I cannot yell at the opposing Team’s pitcher? Is there a rule that annoying grandparents cannot yell at everyone?

I think you need to talk to the commissioner and explain what happened.

Your managing style might be different then the other coaches in your League but that is who you are, Blues should not try to change that. If you were not a good coach your players would not come back.

Blue also has some avenues open to her too. If she thinks you are out of line she should talk to the commissioner. She cannot Manage your Team.

Mar 14, 2011
Not out of control.....
keep in mind these are 10u and it still early in the season. They need to be constantly reminded where to play.

I will take it to the board if necessary....
For now just wanted to make sure there was no rule in the book.....doesnt appear to be.

Jul 26, 2010
In 10u in our local rec league we actually allow 1 coach for the defensive team to be out on the field to help for this very reason, it's much more disruptive to have coach's shouting from the dugout, especially since kids rarely react to being "told what to do", they need to be shown. . . preferably in practice, but I digress.

-W

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC