Better than wristbands?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
Vandy baseball was using an electronic watch to signal in pitches today. Wonder if this catches in and if softball will be next?

May 17, 2012
Wristbands are durable and easy to replace. I would be curious if watches can hold up to a rigorous season.

What about if the other team deploys an EMP? What about Russian hackers?

So many questions.....

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I thought electronic communication devices were not allowed. Did rules change?
Once had a coach protest a game because my dd was wearing an insulin pump when she pitched. Said you can’t prove that she can’t receive signals from the coach on it. Fortunately I did not hear what the hub-bub was all about as it was happening. 14u, She came in for the ITB extra inning when he got on about it. Stopped the game during and after the first batter, then after the second batter. Then still after the game with the tourney director… fired up the wrong kid she struck out the side.

Jul 27, 2021
Just when you think someone can't go any lower, there is someone that will prove you wrong. If I was TO or PU that coach would have been tossed. Attacking a 13 yo because of a lifelong medical condition is outstandingly wrong. Zero sportsmanship and compassion for your fellow human.

Jun 1, 2015
And all for the ability to put on a website you won a tournament only a handful of people likely heard about beforehand and some novelty hardware to boot. Ridiculous. $10 says, even if you mentioned it at the pre-game conference, said coach would've made a stink about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00