Best Bat for Raffle

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2012
WV
Hey Guys ! You always seem to pull through for me on giving advice. I was always a pitcher and never batted hardly ever. When I did get to bat - I always just picked out a bat that felt good and used it.

I want to purchase two bats to raffle. Our LL Girl's Fastpitch has no money and I'm trying to raise some money on something that might draw attention. Of course we have the LL fee to join, but extra is always nice.

I would want an overall bat for 8 to 10 yr olds ? And a bat for 11 to 14 yr olds ? I figure that's a good age range ? What do you think ? I'm def. open to suggestions.

Price range ? $150 to $200.

Thanks !

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said.

Just met up with my soon to be AC this season for our girls to hit a few balls (it was 80 degrees outside could not pass that up) and he had just bought her a Vendetta for $120.....my response did you check out closeoutbats.com and sure enough same bat $99 and as a package deal you get a aluminum bat (reg$30) for 99cents for really cold days or batting cage or even donate to league. I have not found better deals on bats, unless it was just a person to person or one time blow out sale.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I use that site and I can't find a good selection of the shorter bats that you are looking for. I would stick with -10 drop and avoid those feather weight bats. I don't let my students use them, if I am asked before the parent buys.

What if you thought about raffling a few dozen balls? That would cost about $60.00 per box and you could do a few more boxes of 12 inch and 11 inch.

I guess that your state allows raffles, without a permit? Will each girl be asked to sell tickets or will this be for the players that are in the league? Can you get a place to donate or defray the cost of the bat or balls?

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Closeoutbats.com
Get your dd a good bat and the site will throw in a stealth or synge or even a cf5 for $100 and a cheapo bat for 99¢

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma