Bat warmer?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Lmao as I'm thinking about this, but seriously it'll probably work. Old school heated tube socks...I just can't member if they heat all the way up or just the foot area? :p Should be enough heated area to cover just below sweet spot to end of bat.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024
Yes, Carbon Composite bats are more brittle and likely to break in the cold. The cold (below 60 degree F) makes the balls more dense and the carbon fibers of the bat more rigid/less flexible. Both factors work against the bats.

A bat warmer that actually heats the barrel (not just insulate its existing temperature) brings the carbon fibers to their intended elasticity and optimal trampoline effect. I used to test Easton bats and bottom line is... bat warmers work.

If you ever find yourself playing on cold days, your hands and bat will definitely prefer a warm bat to the results of a cold bat. I've broken several bats over the years, but have yet to break one when I used a warmer. I also feel like I get much better pop compared to a cold bat.

Aug 6, 2021
Yes, Carbon Composite bats are more brittle and likely to break in the cold. The cold (below 60 degree F) makes the balls more dense and the carbon fibers of the bat more rigid/less flexible. Both factors work against the bats.

A bat warmer that actually heats the barrel (not just insulate its existing temperature) brings the carbon fibers to their intended elasticity and optimal trampoline effect. I used to test Easton bats and bottom line is... bat warmers work.

If you ever find yourself playing on cold days, your hands and bat will definitely prefer a warm bat to the results of a cold bat. I've broken several bats over the years, but have yet to break one when I used a warmer. I also feel like I get much better pop compared to a cold bat.
So what bat warmers have you used or do you recommend?

Feb 4, 2024
So what bat warmers have you used or do you recommend?
We used to use one that you put a gel-pack in the microwave (Pyro Flight). I don't think they make them anymore and you had to time it out right. It wasn't easy to find a microwave at the fields after it went cold.

A newer electric one that works really well is the Bat Cozy.

May 29, 2015
I was going to add the same, @Comp (though I admit I didn't know there was a U-Trip exception . . . but of course there is).

From my look back on the thread, I am assuming (yeah, we know what that does) the OP was referring to generally keeping a bat stored at temperature as opposed to heating them up in a game. Assuming.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00