Bat warmers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2022
We have a Pyroflite. A gel pack that needs < 5 minutes in the microwave (hotel or convenience store like Kum & Go) and it's good to go for a few hours. Bat mfg's will tell you the ball gets denser when it gets cold, but we can't control that. Haven't done all that many games and other teammates have used nothing and never had a problem, but wanted to do something proactively and this works.

We've used the same one for many years and it still works well. Only issue is that some air leaked in and now it like to bubble up when it is heated. Just takes some sqeezeing to get the zipper closed.

Technically, it is illegal to warm bats before/during games. But these are not uncommon in TB games and no-one has ever said anything. I've read about NCAA umpires not allowing it, but have never heard anything anywhere else.

May 17, 2012
I have seen everything including a trashcan that was heated (that stored the bats during the game).

It's just not something I would worry about. We have played in snow/ice conditions and if a bat breaks it's just random.

Just my observations...

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Serious question in general. Is there a thin sleave, etc. to give a bit more protection for the composites in practice?
I have seen things like that...you hit with the sleeve on or whatever. I have never used one so no idea how
it changes weight or anything else. I just dont use my gamer for bp.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Buy an aluminum bat for those cold days. It may not go quite as far, but if you can hit it solid, you'll be fine.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I am with Gunner. DD has hit her game bat in every condition imaginable. Heck she used it with the evil batting machine balls ocassionly with out any Issues.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
I have seen things like that...you hit with the sleeve on or whatever. I have never used one so no idea how
it changes weight or anything else. I just dont use my gamer for bp.
Yah, I split two composites between bp and games, then warranty replace when they crack. She's dented multiple aluminum, like wtf we gonna do next for a bp bat?! 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:o_O

FYI,
Yes all regulation softballs, no heavy's or dimpled.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yah, I split two composites between bp and games, then warranty replace when they crack. She's dented multiple aluminum, like wtf we gonna do next for a bp bat?! 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:o_O

FYI,
Yes all regulation softballs, no heavy's or dimpled.
Thats the reason for BP bats, so your gamer takes less abuse. Especially if you're in colder temps.

Nothing you can do about it, thats why people buy cheap BP bats they find on fb or PIAS or whatever.
And aluminum will dent in colder temps, they arent indestructible. People usually keep hitting
the metals until they waffle up...haha. Could try a Mizuno Ti, but only if you found one cheap.

I have never used one of those sleeve things...so I have no idea if they add weight to the bat or
anything. So cant really give much info on it.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Thats the reason for BP bats, so your gamer takes less abuse. Especially if you're in colder temps.

Nothing you can do about it, thats why people buy cheap BP bats they find on fb or PIAS or whatever.
And aluminum will dent in colder temps, they arent indestructible. People usually keep hitting
the metals until they waffle up...haha. Could try a Mizuno Ti, but only if you found one cheap.

I have never used one of those sleeve things...so I have no idea if they add weight to the bat or
anything. So cant really give much info on it.
The dented aluminum was indoor pitching machines firing regulation. I hear yah though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug