Bat warmer?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 6, 2021
Not worth the money. Keep the bats in the house and in the warm part of the car always.

Also make sure the balls that are being hit have been kept indoors where it is warm. Frozen softballs are bat destroyers.
That’s pretty much what I thought but wanted to ask! Would be nice to keep the bat in the car over the winter but don’t want to risk it.

Feb 24, 2022
I bought one that we use for her main bat if we fly, but other than that we never really use it. We keep all of her equipment in the basement (heated) year long. Even in the Summer/Spring I never keep the bats in the car overnight.

Oct 27, 2017
DD uses a BarrelMax for both bats any time the temp is under 60* (main bat and cold weather bat for temps under 50*)
Keep bats warm all day during a tournament and for practice.

Oct 4, 2018
It really doesn't matter if the bat gets cold or warm or whatever... until you're actually hitting something with it.

And it's almost always cold balls that kill bats in cold weather. Not that the bat was cold. The balls are left in a shed at the field and are like concrete. They'll destroy your bat if your bat is warm or cold. Doesn't matter. A bat warmer is a waste of money IMHO. Use that money to get a cold weather bat - either a beater you expect to break, or an Anderson or something that won't break. We have enough used bats now laying around the garage that we use one of them for cold weather games.

Aug 6, 2021
It really doesn't matter if the bat gets cold or warm or whatever... until you're actually hitting something with it.

And it's almost always cold balls that kill bats in cold weather. Not that the bat was cold. The balls are left in a shed at the field and are like concrete. They'll destroy your bat if your bat is warm or cold. Doesn't matter. A bat warmer is a waste of money IMHO. Use that money to get a cold weather bat - either a beater you expect to break, or an Anderson or something that won't break. We have enough used bats now laying around the garage that we use one of them for cold weather games.
Interesting. So is it ok to keep the bat in the car all winter? I’m in Ohio so real winter. Just as long as it’s warm when it’s time to hit? Cold balls won’t be a concern.
Thanks for the advice!

Oct 4, 2018
Interesting. So is it ok to keep the bat in the car all winter? I’m in Ohio so real winter. Just as long as it’s warm when it’s time to hit? Cold balls won’t be a concern.
Thanks for the advice!

We keep our bats in the garage all year long. It gets cold for sure. No issues. Our garage is drafty. A car tends to stay warmer than outside if the doors and windows are closed. I don't know the exact details.

Now the night before a game in cold weather I will bring the bats inside.

And gloves. I don't leave them in the car in super cold or super hot weather (especially hot). I clean them well after the last fall game, condition them up, then store them in the basement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00