Bat recommendation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2019
Just looking for advice or suggestions on a bat- dd is 13 and swings a 32/22 CF. But she is super quick with her hands and tends to get ahead of the ball and pulls left frequently, especially when facing slower pitchers. Thinking of getting a 2nd bat (probably used for now) that is a bit heavier. Preferably in the same length, don’t want to throw her off too much.

Any suggestions for a 32” bat
that swings just a touch heavier than the CF?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I tried what you are contomlating with DD. Did not work. Ironically she swung a CF 32/22 also. Other bat just sat in her bag.

Sep 19, 2018
This is not what you are asking, but I am going to go there anyway. Buying a different bat is not going to fix this. Your DD needs to work on her timing more.

If she prefers a heavier feel, by all means get her what she likes but that in and of itself is not going to fix her timing issues..

Oct 22, 2019
Yes that definitely makes sense. Want to see how she does with a heavier swinging bat before we commit to spend though. She does really well with the CF most of the time. So we’d like to experiment a bit. She can test swing some at a local store but live pitching makes a difference.
Teammates have I think and LXT and a Ghost that she can hopefully try, but not positive on their bat sizes.

This is not what you are asking, but I am going to go there anyway. Buying a different bat is not going to fix this. Your DD needs to work on her timing more.

If she prefers a heavier feel, by all means get her what she likes but that in and of itself is not going to fix her timing issues..

May 29, 2019
Buy a Ghost. Actually, buy two Ghosts. One as a gamer and the other to use while you are waiting for the gamer's warranty replacement to arrive.

Seriously, you don't want a heavier bat to slow the swing down. You want to slow (actually, delay) the timing down on the slow pitcher. Spend the money on a few quality hitting lessons first. Then buy the two Ghosts. :ROFLMAO:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elhoff86