Bat ratings for this Site

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 3, 2010
Would it be possible to have a bat rating post where users that own, have used or have a DD that uses a particular bat, rate the particular brands.

It would be nice to go to one thread that is stickied to the top of the page and look actual and truthfull ratings of all the major bats.

I am looking for a bat for my DD, who is a small girl, so by her size alot of great bats are ruled out, I have it narrowed down to a Combat Lisa Fernadez 30/18, Demarini Vendetta 30/18 and an Easton Synge 30/18.5. With a chart here on the site, a user could decide quicker or stop asking with the usual "Which Bat is Better Threads".

So who here is smart enough to make a rating sytem for bats that average up the users ratings of bats?

Last edited:
Fabulous question! I think it'd be most helpful, too. Was thinking of getting my dd a new bat (LOVES her old one, but has had it for 3 seasons and afraid it's lost the pop) and would love input from folks on here as to what bats work and those that don't...

Apr 12, 2010
Would it be possible to have a bat rating post where users that own, have used or have a DD that uses a particular bat, rate the particular brands.

It would be nice to go to one thread that is stickied to the top of the page and look actual and truthfull ratings of all the major bats.

I am looking for a bat for my DD, who is a small girl, so by her size alot of great bats are ruled out, I have it narrowed down to a Combat Lisa Fernadez 30/18, Demarini Vendetta 30/18 and an Easton Synge 30/18.5. With a chart here on the site, a user could decide quicker or stop asking with the usual "Which Bat is Better Threads".

So who here is smart enough to make a rating sytem for bats that average up the users ratings of bats?

For a smaller girl, I would also consider the Miken Rain light.
Seen quite a few petite girls swing them well, over the past few months.

Jun 3, 2010
Have looked at the Miken Rain 30/18 as well, but how does it stack up to the other three I have listed. That is where a chart/ratings would help with a buyer choosing a bat.

A rating system should be from 1-10, with areas such as sweetspot, Distance,Durability, break in time,feel etc... covered.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Let's think about this for a moment. The thread would easily become messy, with all sorts of conversation about random bats everywhere. If you want information on bats, then search the forum and you'll find past threads. You are better off starting your own thread, asking questions about the bat you are interested in to get the latest and most important news instead of having to dig through pages and pages of a thread about bats for information about one bat out of one hundred.

How old is your DD and what level of ball is she playing?

Apr 4, 2010
Lafayette, La
We currently use the Easton Synge and love it. I actually purchased 2 of them. There is Miken Rain light on the team and a few girls like it as well. The easton Synge is a little cheaper. Got mine off ebay for 130.

The Demarini Vendetta "Rails" composite has flaws. Once you see the clear laminate to crack and peel from below the barrel, its a bomb waiting to go off. It will crack in half and the barrel will go flying into the infield. Not safe. The few I see out there all have Demarini "Replacement" stamps on them. LOL

Hope this helps.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
10-year-olds are cracking bats??
The Vendetta Rails are ones I've heard a lot online about them cracking. My HS coach has one, it appears to be splitting. Also have heard rumors about them becoming banned, due to the rails technology. However, that's most likely just rumors.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
2 girls on my DD's 12U TB team broke their Demarini Vendetta Rails this year. Not impressed with it but they are stuck with the replacements for now. Another player just bought the Demairini CF4 Black 31/21. She has been hitting the ball very hard with it, but it is too heavy for the smaller players on the team (most are 11 yo). I just bought my daughter the Combat Lisa Fernandez -12 (32/20). The ball jumps off the bat and she absolutely loves it. It has a nice balanced feel, and several of the other players are thinking about getting it. It's about $100 less expensive than the CF4, which I'd like to eventually get DD once she grows a bit more.