Bat for 12U DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
GOINGDEEP....DD got a 2012 Rt as well. As I said before, she loved it the for the very short time she used it. We took it to our old rec league's indoor batting/pitching tunnels and did side toss, front toss and tee work. The tunnels are kept at 65 degrees so I thought it wouldn't be an issue. After 2 separate sessions in the first week, I had to send it back to Anderson. DD had flattened it along one side, deeply dented the barrel in several other places and cracked the metal in a couple of places along those dents. Anderson took care of it and sent a new one which we just got back but I'm almost afraid to let her use it...LOL. On the other hand, her CF4 is still going strong after 6 months of the same thing. This is DD's second one so I already know that it won't last more than a year. The way she grows though, I've had to buy her a new one each year anyways.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, I'm just pointing out the fact that you can always find someone who has had problems with any one of the numerous bats out there. For example, there is a friend of mine whose DD hits the ball almost as hard as mine does. He swears by the Easton Stealth. Unfortunately, he had to buy 3 in a 5 week period so he could keep one in his DD's hands while the other 2 were going through the warranty process.

I'm sure we just got a lemon. It was the most dead bat I have ever seen, I could hit a softball further with a paper towel than this CF4. :)

We had to send one back to Anderson too. A 2010 model, they said the whole "batch" was bad.

Here's a story for ya, a HS player that I know ( not on our team ) has hit 11 homeruns this year. Last night she cracked her CF4 and her dad knew we had one with only 40 hits on it. She asked if she could use it for the weekend until she could get a new one. So I pick her CF4 up to look at it and poof that thing is alot lighter than DD's. Can you say shaved!!! I haven't said anything to anyone, but I was like "dang, you gotta be kidding".

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I'm sure we just got a lemon. It was the most dead bat I have ever seen, I could hit a softball further with a paper towel than this CF4. :)

We had to send one back to Anderson too. A 2010 model, they said the whole "batch" was bad.

Here's a story for ya, a HS player that I know ( not on our team ) has hit 11 homeruns this year. Last night she cracked her CF4 and her dad knew we had one with only 40 hits on it. She asked if she could use it for the weekend until she could get a new one. So I pick her CF4 up to look at it and poof that thing is alot lighter than DD's. Can you say shaved!!! I haven't said anything to anyone, but I was like "dang, you gotta be kidding".

I figure someone has to been doing it with all of the ads for rolling and shaving on the net.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Actually redhot she's 5'9", 160 lbs of solid muscle and swinging a 33/34 RT and a 33/23 CF4 Insane. Those are her only two bats except for a cheap aluminum I make her use in the cages now. Yes I have bought many bats through the years but as you know, the composites have a limited number of hits on them. Some will last a little longer than others but when a CF series fails and cracks, it usually does so after approximately a year of the abuse we put it through. This usually consists of tee work, side toss, front toss and me live pitching to her (approximate 300-350 hits per session) 3-4 times a week plus TB practice and tourneys. As far as DW goes, I just say "But Honey! She grew another 3" and gained 15 lbs last year. Her old bat is cracked plus it's too small...she really needs a new one!" She's used to me by now so she expects a new bat purchase each year.;) And yes...friends' DW was a little upset that he spent the family vacation money on 3 new stealths in a 5 week period. He belongs on here with the rest of us addicts...LOL He did return the other 2 when he got them back from warranty but his wife still wasn't real happy. He kept complaining of a sore back from sleeping on the couch:D Just don't save this one so your DW doesn't get the same idea...LOL

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
"Any player discovered using an altered bat, including a doctored bat or a bat with additional weight shall be called out and disqualified from further tournament competition for a minimum of one year."

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now

I'm with redhot on this one. I knew someone was doing it otherwise there wouldn't be so much advertising. It's just a question of time before those that do it get caught on the fields with it.

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Actually redhot she's 5'9", 160 lbs of solid muscle and swinging a 33/34 RT and a 33/23 CF4 Insane. Those are her only two bats except for a cheap aluminum I make her use in the cages now. Yes I have bought many bats through the years but as you know, the composites have a limited number of hits on them. Some will last a little longer than others but when a CF series fails and cracks, it usually does so after approximately a year of the abuse we put it through. This usually consists of tee work, side toss, front toss and me live pitching to her (approximate 300-350 hits per session) 3-4 times a week plus TB practice and tourneys. As far as DW goes, I just say "But Honey! She grew another 3" and gained 15 lbs last year. Her old bat is cracked plus it's too small...she really needs a new one!" She's used to me by now so she expects a new bat purchase each year.;) And yes...friends' DW was a little upset that he spent the family vacation money on 3 new stealths in a 5 week period. He belongs on here with the rest of us addicts...LOL He did return the other 2 when he got them back from warranty but his wife still wasn't real happy. He kept complaining of a sore back from sleeping on the couch:D Just don't save this one so your DW doesn't get the same idea...LOL

Ah! 5'9" makes more sense. Sorry I read muss descrip of dd and was thinking you.

digger69

Where we at next week?
Feb 15, 2012
Kansas
SCN1B....SCN8B...Miken Rain Light....'05/'07 RT's
These bats are head and shoulders above the
bats above-mentioned...if you play a lot of
Utrip and want the new stamp... Worth 454 legit or a Miken.
IMO ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG