bat for 10U DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2012
I need to get a new bat for my 4'5" 65LB DD. I am posting here only because in private messages I have received some contradictory replies. I appreciate everyone's response to date, but I suppose I am confused.

DD has had best swings of the season with a 28/17 Worth. Her bat, TPS Zephyr is 31/19 and too big for her at this point for sure. Also in the picture is DD # 2 who will start 10U next year, so I am ok to spend some $$ knowing # 2will inherit.

This is for Rec league and travel ball on the Northeast.

Was looking at Demarini cf5 - 10 and Easton Synge srv6B. I certainly do not need to spend big money if unecessary at this age but would be willing if would make a difference but I do want to get something soon for one or both of them, even if for lesser $$

Would appreciate some feedback.

Mar 29, 2012
My DD is a little bigger than yours and swings a 29/17.5 synge. She has been hitting well with it but needs to move up to a 30 inch, but like I said she is a couple of inches taller than your DD.

I would expect the 29 synge would work for her and the 2011 model can be had for around $80. It did take some time to break in but my DD's now has some good pop to it.

Oct 18, 2009
If you're willing to spend in that range - good deal here (get both CF5 (-11) and a Synge as a cheap adder) - probably 29"
Sale! Buy Demarini CF5 WTDXCFS-12 Fastpitch Bat 2012 -11oz REVIEWS: FREE SHIPPING Drop Drop-11 inch/oz Length/Weight 28/17 inch/oz 29/18 inch/oz 30/19 inch/oz 31/20 inch/oz 32/21 inch/oz 33/22 inch/oz Synge Combo Offer No, Thanks EASTON Synge SRV6B -

Don't forget the Bustos bat (like a 30/17)... I have all 3 bats among my (10U/12U rec & travel) girls and very happy with each.
The bats ship free from that outfit and arrive in Southeastern MA the next day.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
At 10U I would not break the bank buying a new bat for your DD. Unless she is a hitting phenom, she is not going to be hitting tape measure home runs, and she will be growing so quickly that you will need a new bat and and cleats every 6 months anyway. At her age/size she may need a -12, but as she grows I would get her hitting a -10 as soon as she can generate good bat speed with it.

May 17, 2012
Why buy one bat when you can buy 2 or 3 for the same price. Go to Play it Again Sports (or any second hand/used sporting good stores) and pilfer through all the bats. 99% will be crap but if you can find a good one it will be a steal. I just picked up a 31in/19.5oz Easton Synergy for $20. Look for cracks and damage (bounce a softball all the way around the sweet spot before you buy it).

The worst thing is paying big bucks for an expensive bat to find out she doesn't like the size of it. Once you find a size you are happy with go to an online site like CoachEd referenced and buy something on sale. The models do not change much from one year to the next. There are charts and research online but I have found that my daughter prefers a heavier bat (contrary to the charts). You won't know until you buy the bat and go through a couple of buckets of balls (no batting cages!!).

Yes there is a big difference between composite and aluminum.

I personally like the Worth 454's.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06