10u Bat Size, Another year of a -13?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
Y
They are and do (I have two 10u, same team).

I agree with this train of thought.
ou already care enough to come on DFP and seek advice. That tells me you care enough to splurge on a good bat :)

this would be my recommendation. Might be able to find one cheaper, but I found this one pretty quick.

Apr 20, 2015
1/2 off day...what is this??

I'm sure I've missed it, but I've seen in mentioned a few times.
Its like 1 day a year where they do do half off last years models. Its awesome. Will usually be advertised on here by someone. My older daughters team is a Wilson team so we got a 1 day advanced log in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dec 12, 2020
Y

ou already care enough to come on DFP and seek advice. That tells me you care enough to splurge on a good bat :)

this would be my recommendation. Might be able to find one cheaper, but I found this one pretty quick.
Does your DD enjoy the CF? I've been searching related threads and I think I ran across you mentioning you have the 29/18.

I have a 29/18 in my cart, I'm really itching to pull trigger.

I am getting the vibe, through search, that the CF is a great bat for smaller girls. Any difference between it and the Zen?

Dec 12, 2020
Its like 1 day a year where they do do half off last years models. Its awesome. Will usually be advertised on here by someone. My older daughters team is a Wilson team so we got a 1 day advanced log in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Well, this will keep me coming back here.

Oct 26, 2019
Does your DD enjoy the CF? I've been searching related threads and I think I ran across you mentioning you have the 29/18.

I have a 29/18 in my cart, I'm really itching to pull trigger.

I am getting the vibe, through search, that the CF is a great bat for smaller girls. Any difference between it and the Zen?
She lover her CF and she had the 2020 model I linked above. The Zen is still a CF they just named it the Zen instead of giving it a model year after the CF. I think the CF Zen is a 2019 model year CF. I have found it to be a very good bat for younger and smaller girls. Demarini seems to have figured that market out. My DD had a 28/17 CF8 before this one and we sold it used for more than we bought it new for because it was such a desired bat. As the girls get older I see more Ghosts and LXTs and less Demarini’s. That’s not scientific that’s just what I see with my eyes.

May 16, 2016
If you already bought the 30/17 Bustos, I would stick with that. Its a good bat for her age/size. I would probably pass on the CF5, as that is a really old bat. What, from 2012?

FWIW

Feb 14, 2019
I strongly second going with a Demarini CF -11 in either a 29 or 28 inch length. My DD is 10; 4'11" and about 90 lbs and currently swings a 29/18 CF. She used the 28 inch during her 8U and 9U seasons. We've tried bats from a few manufacturers over the last few years and we think the CF line is tops in that size/weight range (at around 30 inches things start to even out a bit). CF's are really balanced bats with good barrel length that is a bit more forgiving than some other brands in the smaller sizes/weights.

Dec 12, 2020
I strongly second going with a Demarini CF -11 in either a 29 or 28 inch length. My DD is 10; 4'11" and about 90 lbs and currently swings a 29/18 CF. She used the 28 inch during her 8U and 9U seasons. We've tried bats from a few manufacturers over the last few years and we think the CF line is tops in that size/weight range (at around 30 inches things start to even out a bit). CF's are really balanced bats with good barrel length that is a bit more forgiving than some other brands in the smaller sizes/weights.
The 29/18 CF arrived Monday, just in time for Christmas! My DD is a little smaller than yours, but I think she can handle it.. I still do have the Bustos, may keep them both. I have another DD on the same team, might as well have two new bats. They were both heavily discounted.