Baseball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
They tried that. Creepy coach raises a lot of money and since he doesn't have a real job, spends a lot of time making the field very pretty for the school. Politics always trumps creepyness.

Baseball it is.

-W

Jul 2, 2013
If DD can play against the boys and be at the to 25% have at it? It is the most wonderful experience in the world.

For the folks who know ... You will get respect for your family the rest of your life.

The transition to softball is not easy. The softball players are great, great, and great in their own right at the highest level. Maybe you will make it... Who knows. Being an outfielder help.

But as a baseball player ... You did something few others have done. That is enough.

May 18, 2009
My DD is on the thin side. 65 lbs. She's fast, has a good glove, arm, and bat. One of the top local girls for her age. She's excited now that she has something to do from mid August until November. Then it's basketball:)

Jul 2, 2013
Don't get me wrong ... It is not easy.

The benefits gained from playing baseball has a cost. For us ... She could hit fast pitching. That is what kept her there against the boys.

That is also what keeps her there at the higher levels of softball.

But do not mistake that to think DD is better tan softball players. The benefits the softball players gain in defense with the larger ball cannot be underestimated.

In the end though, my DD made her mark in baseball. Still to this day is respected because she can hit the best softball pitchers who are fast. We paid our price ... And sometimes the discrimination for being baseball'ers. But are extremely proud and would not have it any other way.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
My DD is on the thin side. 65 lbs. She's fast, has a good glove, arm, and bat. One of the top local girls for her age. She's excited now that she has something to do from mid August until November. Then it's basketball:)

My daughter and another girl from my team both played baseball for winterball. We even had them pitch and catch a few games. They would rotate. Was funny when they would strike the boys out . Good times for sure

Aug 1, 2014
around here where they can play T-ball and machine pitch Base Ball before the Softball league lets them play I say go for it. and maybe up to 8U if the level of play at baseball will develop your daughter more than Softball faster. I think around the league where we play 9 and up Id switch to softball early enough she can learn to pitch/catch if that's her thing, without being left behind. If I had it to do with my daughters that's what I'd do. I'd also try to get them both to pitch and catch because that's the hardest positions for me to fill, each season it seems and no team thinks it's got enough pitchers.

Mar 13, 2010
You'd have to be elite to be able to do both and be at the top. There are some Aussies who have represented in both softball and baseball (Christina Krepold, Chelsea Forkin and Leigh Godfrey) Leigh is playing in the world champs for softball this month in holland and then going to Japan for the baseball world champs.

It happens a lot here. I hate baseball, too slow for my liking, but you can get skills. Nothing funnier than watching a softballers run the bases for the first time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Farmboydrose