Baseball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2009
Anyone let their DD's play baseball? Is it ok or does it harm a softball players development? DD wants to play fall ball Baseball. Try to get some work in the outfield.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I came very close to having to move to another country. In that case, they ONLY have baseball for 12u and younger. The softball age groups are 16u, 19u and open. So, I would've had to put my 12u DD in a 16u team to have her play softball instead of baseball, or else have er play baseball for a year.

I am happier with her staying in the US

Jul 26, 2010
I'll let you know. My DD is trying out for BB this year because the HS softball coach is a creepy perv. She already gives throwing lessons to a lot of the JV BB players and they sort of talked her into it (she was going to do track instead.)

-W

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
I'll let you know. My DD is trying out for BB this year because the HS softball coach is a creepy perv. She already gives throwing lessons to a lot of the JV BB players and they sort of talked her into it (she was going to do track instead.)

-W

Can't they get the creepy perv coach fired?? Why settle for a downgrade to BB instead of FP?

Oct 19, 2009
If I had it to do it all over again, I would have daughter start out in baseball. JMO the girls I have seen who did that seem to be ahead of the girls who started out in softball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Farmboydrose