Aurora Central Catholic loses softball player in traffic accident

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
My heart goes out to the family and friends. One of my kids once faced a younger Aurora team. Really classy, kids parents and coaches. Sad to think some of those wonderful people may now be mourning the loss of two great kids.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
So, sorry to read this. Kids and cars and fog. I think that IL. has a restricted driver's license, but maybe the driver was old enough that that isn't a factor...

It happened just before 6:00pm so I can't imagine that time of day being restricted. None the less hate to see lives lost due to stupid behavior.

Lost a cousin many years ago in Illinois to stupidity when he was broadsided by an Addison cop who was traveling over 90mph to a crime in progress sans lights and sirens. The crime in progress? The attempted purchase of a 6 pack of beer by a minor at a convenience store.

Dec 11, 2010
Prayers sent. A true tragedy. I have a 17 year old so it hits way too close to home.

In Illinois, a driver under 18 is restricted to only one other teenage passenger until they have had their DL for a full year so she may not have been in violation of the restricted drivers license.

I know that location well, it is just off I-39 and there are truck stops on both sides of a state highway. There are traffic lights but it is a very busy area. I doubt that the fog caused the accident but don't really know. It was daylight at that time and the fog has been minor, especially that time of day. It has been caused by the warm air cooling over the winters melting snow.

Hug those kids every time they leave.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Prayers sent. A true tragedy. I have a 17 year old so it hits way too close to home.

In Illinois, a driver under 18 is restricted to only one other teenage passenger until they have had their DL for a full year so she may not have been in violation of the restricted drivers license.

I know that location well, it is just off I-39 and there are truck stops on both sides of a state highway. There are traffic lights but it is a very busy area. I doubt that the fog caused the accident but don't really know. It was daylight at that time and the fog has been minor, especially that time of day. It has been caused by the warm air cooling over the winters melting snow.

Hug those kids every time they leave.

The driver was 17 and he received a citation for running the red light. She was 16 and seated behind him and was not wearing a seat belt.

Dec 11, 2010
I read it wrong. I thought one of the girls who were killed was the driver.

I too noticed she wasn't wearing her belt. May not have mattered but I wish she was.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neojapan