ASA, EP rule

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2012
I only have 10 girls available for an upcoming ASA "standard substitution" 12U tournament. Is it possible to bat all 10 girls by using an EP, or can I only bat a maximum of 9?

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
ASA does not have an EP rule for Fastpitch.

The maximum you could bat is 9.

This is assuming that the tournament does not have a tournament rule that will allow the EP in this tournament.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
You can use the DP/Flex rule, which would allow you to play all 10 players. However, you would not have a courtesy runner unless they allowed for last batter out as a courtesy runner.

Jun 22, 2008
Another problem with putting all of your players in the lineup is if you should have an injury and now have no substitute. You are going to have to take an automatic out every time the vacant batting position comes up.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
You can use the DP/Flex rule, which would allow you to play all 10 players. However, you would not have a courtesy runner unless they allowed for last batter out as a courtesy runner.

While this is true, the team is still only batting nine players.

The initial question referred to batting all 10 players, that is why I did not mention the DP/FLEX option.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I was going to mention substituting the Flex in for the DP to get her an at bat, but I am pretty sure I would have mucked it up!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles