USSSA Batting 11 + Free Defensive Substitutions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2022
Hi all,

We have a USSSA tournament upcoming and I have a question on substitutions

Our local tournament rules say the following:

-All teams can utilize 11 batters in their line up for all games.

-All teams can utilize unlimited defensive substitutions with no effect on their batting order for all games. ** Exception The State Tournament we will play by the USSSA Rule Book**

We have 14 players on our team and intend to bat 11. Do the above rules mean I can sub any of our 14 players in on defense (even players not currently in the batting lineup) without having to worry about substitution / re-entry rules?

If the batting lineup changes on offense, I assume I would report the substitution and those substitutions would be subject to USSSA substitution / re-entry rules?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
We have 14 players on our team and intend to bat 11. Do the above rules mean I can sub any of our 14 players in on defense (even players not currently in the batting lineup) without having to worry about substitution / re-entry rules?

Yes except for pitcher and catcher where you should report for Courtesy Runner purposes and they will need to be in the lineup in some form.

If the batting lineup changes on offense, I assume I would report the substitution and those substitutions would be subject to USSSA substitution / re-entry rules?

Yes; same for courtesy runner rules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28