As if we needed another reason why Gamechanger stats cannot be trusted

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2018
Our team doesn't have a parent doing GC so I always check if the opposing team does to follow the game; I can never remember the count, score, etc. Frequently they just take any team from our organization to use instead of putting in the jersey numbers - which screws up the CG stats for the other teams in our org. But even worse, I went back to look at something as an old teammate of DD joined this org we played and saw the team actually changed their tie with us to a win!! Ugh, seriously??? Any other CG horror stories to share?

Mar 10, 2020
Our team doesn't have a parent doing GC so I always check if the opposing team does to follow the game; I can never remember the count, score, etc. Frequently they just take any team from our organization to use instead of putting in the jersey numbers - which screws up the CG stats for the other teams in our org. But even worse, I went back to look at something as an old teammate of DD joined this org we played and saw the team actually changed their tie with us to a win!! Ugh, seriously??? Any other CG horror stories to share?
GC is an unreliable source. No other explanation needed. If you want accurate stats for your daughter keep them yourself. Now that you know Game Changer is an unreliable source stop looking at it.

Jun 8, 2016
If they say they are playing our 16U it doesn't put in information as if that team was playing?
Think about it. Every time you (actually) play somebody they are keeping their own set of stats for your team..those don’t get counted right?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
It will only screw up the stats for your teams on their GC. The stats don't flow through to any other teams. For example, if I keep GC for a team, my team's stats are kept for the entire season. If the opponent keeps GC, and I enter the correct team, my stats don't flow to their account. I can, however, see the stats for the other team for any time we play them. It will also show spray charts for their hitters.

If an opponent does not keep GC, I always enter the lineup from their paper one handed to the coaches. If they don't give a lineup, as in most showcases, I always get the correct player numbers and positions. I can still see the opposing team's stats, but it will only show on my GC.

Game changer is a great tool, if used properly. But, like any tool, if used incorrectly it can be a headache.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Think about it. Every time you (actually) play somebody they are keeping their own set of stats for your team..
Including contradicting observational judgment about what happened.
Was it a hit or error.
Missed pitches not applied.
Wrong batter/defense in the moment on the field.
Type stuff.

Thankfully I don't know any college coaches that use Game Changer as a resource.
That said,
Game Changer should be viewed with a Shaker of Salt.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Including contradicting observational judgment about what happened.
Was it a hit or error.
Missed pitches not applied.
Wrong batter/defense in the moment on the field.
Type stuff.

Thankfully I don't know any college coaches that use Game Changer as a resource.
That said,
Game Changer should be viewed with a Shaker of Salt.
Do college games employ an official scorer like they do in MLB? I would assume they do since I can always view boxscores and recaps for all games. As far as I know, most tournaments don't have official scorers, so we are left to use a tool like GC to fill in the gaps.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Do college games employ an official scorer like they do in MLB? I would assume they do since I can always view boxscores and recaps for all games. As far as I know, most tournaments don't have official scorers,
Resources are only as valid as the person or people implementing information into them. Those are people on their staff and are hopefully more educated and accurate about whom is on the field than the general public that uses game changer.
so we are left to use a tool like GC to fill in the gaps.
So travel ball is left to use a tool that not everybody uses accurately. Plus influenced by dna emotion. That is the point. Generally when viewing Game Changer it is with gaps and inaccuracies.

College may have inaccuracies as well as MLB and *have changed their application on errors or not. Perhaps not that often but they do review their own judgment and have overturned it.

Hopefully those inaccurate moments are far less than the abundance of inaccuracies that are in Game Changer from travel ball. Game Changer I would give about a 50/50. Holds no value for me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad