Anyone having school and nationals conflict?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
One of my students started school 2 weeks ago (year around school) and 2 start tomorrow. They aren't on teams that are at nationals, but my girls that are will get home Sun. night and start school the next morning. By the way, they will also have MS tryouts Mon. afternoon. What a schedule.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
The rat-race helps keep me focused so I sure wish we had year-round school here. I'm also sure my DW who is a teacher would strike me over the head with a blunt object if I said that in her presence. I don't even want to think about what the kids would do to me.

Nov 14, 2011
Our team intentionally switched from ASA to NSA for this reason. Most of the team was starting their first year in high school and the parents felt that they didn't want to miss the first week at a new school.

Oct 10, 2011
No conflict with high school except Volleyball which has "non-mandatory, but you better be there" practices, and then tryouts the day after we get back.

Jul 26, 2010
School starts later here in California. The 28th of August I believe.

Year round schools are a different story, that said, if your kid wants to go to college they should develop the skills needed to learn and study on the road away from a teacher anyway.

-W

Jul 26, 2010
California has so many budget issues, they have shortened days whenever they can. My daughters school has half-days every Tuesday, but the other high schools in the district do not. (this worked out great last year since all our away games were on Tuesdays). I agree that the first few days are throwaway from an education standpoint, but many schools have strict rules about attendance during these days, and the kids miss out on understanding what they are going to be graded on and expectations for each class, so I don't recommend they miss it for softball.

-W

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz