*** ANYONE DO THIS, HEARD OF THIS?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Telling right handed batters
With a runner on 3rd
To AFTER swinging and hitting the pitch
To drop the bat on the 1st base side
( think dropping it *guess* into the left side batters box or up line a little)

Post comes from a recent incident
A 10u tb coach berating a 10 year old for not dropping her bat correctly :mad: after she hit the ball.

After the mom explained the story. I said wow I've never bin told to do that with my bat. And can't recall ever seeing a right-handed batter purposely do that.
Same day an hour later at lessons outdoors... a baseball player who played Pro who owns hitting facility nearby was jogging by and shouted out 'Hey Turbo'
I took the opportunity and called him over and I asked him if he had ever heard a right-handed batter purposely drop the bat to the first base side and he said
"He never did that" and
"no, can't say anyone's ever coached me to do that"
He commented
At bat he's "thinking of hitting the ball and getting to the bases. Its the catchers job to take care of the bat if its in the way."

Go dfp

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2014
Telling right handed batters
With a runner on 3rd
To AFTER swinging and hitting the pitch
To drop the bat on the 1st base side
( think dropping it *guess* into the left side batters box or up line a little)

Post comes from a recent incident
A 10u tb coach berating a 10 year old for not dropping her bat correctly :mad: after she hit the ball.

After the mom explained the story. I said wow I've never bin told to do that with my bat. And can't recall ever seeing a right-handed batter purposely do that.
Same day an hour laterl at lessons outdoors... a baseball player who played Pro who owns hitting facility nearby was jogging by and shouted out 'Hey Turbo'
I took the opportunity and called him over and I asked him if he had ever heard a right-handed batter purposely drop the bat to the first base side and he said
"He never did that" and
"no, can't say anyone's ever coached me to do that"
He commented
At bat he's "thinking of hitting the ball and getting to the bases. Its the catchers job to take care of the bat if its in the way."

Go dfp
It's crazy to expect a 10u player to remember such trivial minutia.

Another example of a coach out thinking themselves.

Mar 28, 2014
Forgot to ask if I am allowed to post in your threads @RADcatcher or are you still mad at me... :rolleyes:
tenor.gif

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
This seems a bit ridiculous to me. At 10u I want my players thinking about hitting the ball and running hard. Where the bat lands is where the bat lands. The catcher can move it if she feels inclined.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06